chapter twenty-two: janelle west

Elisa shot up from the bed, tears brimming her eyes

"You did what?" She asked, glaring at the man in betrayal.

"At the time I thought it was best that he knew," he started to plead and she shut her eyes, a tear falling down her cheek.

"Get out," she mumbled, hearing him sigh and get up, the bed creaking. He tried opening his arms for a hug but she just took a step back, averting his gaze.

Elisa watched as he left, a sob escaping her lips as the door shut. She walked over to her bed and laid down, wiping her eyes and sighing.

She didn't know she fell asleep until she heard the door open and she turned to see a girl with a mountain of boxes in front of her stumbling in the doorway. Before the boxes could crash to the floor, Elisa stopped them, gently setting them on the ground.

"Oh my god," she said and looked over at Elisa, her already wide eyes grew wider, "oh my god."

Elisa chuckled, sitting cross legged as the girl set her box down.

"You're Elisa Stark," she mumbled in awe, shutting the door.

"Yeah," she chuckled, leaning back against the wall.

"You just missed Iron Man too," Elisa smiled and look at the time on her hologram phone.

"I was asleep for four hours," she mumbled and her face went slack.

"I'm probably your biggest fan," the girl said and stuck her hand out, "Janelle West."

"Nice to meet you Janelle, need help?" Elisa asked. Janelle looked at all the boxes and sighed. She nodded and pushed her glasses up the bridge of her nose.

"If it doesn't bother you," Janelle said and Elisa stood up, opening the first box to find her bedsheets and a pillow. Elisa lifted the pillow and pulled out the sheets, pushing the pillow mid air so she could put the sheets down.

"I didn't know you had telekinesis," Janelle said in awe as she put her clothes away.

"Well it's a real gift," Elisa chuckled, finishing the bed and set the pillow down.

"Who made those picture frames?" Janelle asked as she looked at the photos.

"I did," Elisa answered, folding the box and pushed it under the bed.

"Amazing," Janelle muttered as she finished a box, mimicking Elisa's actions.

"Did you set up your desk?" Janelle asked.

"No, my dad did, but I can do yours too," she said and Janelle shook her head.

"No my brothers are out pulling up the desk," she said and Elisa walked out to see two older boys that looked similar to Janelle carrying up the desk. Elisa lifted it with her telekinesis and slowly flew it in, setting it down gently parallel across from Elisa's.