chapter eleven : issues

Elisa dreamt that she was back in the laboratory,

The charge nurse threw her back into her "room". If you could call it that, it was a mattress in the corner with a camera on the other side overlooking it. Elisa crawled back to the bed and sat perfectly still.

If she moved out of its view, they would come in and beat her. Elisa sat there, her knees to her chest as her stomach growled. She frowned as she looked over at the tray being slid through the slot under the door.

She crawled over and snatched the food, running back to the mattress and scarfed it down. But as she finished her food, there was a slam on the door, she knew what was going to happen.

The nurse came back with a stick, this one was big.

"You know the rules," he growled and Elisa broke out in tears, screaming as he walked towards her.

"Elisa!" Tony yelled, shaking her shoulders.

Elisa shot up in a cold sweat and processed that it was Tony in front of her. She pulled him into a tight hug.

"Jesus, you're shaking," Tony pointed out as he hugged her back, "was it one of those dreams again?"

"I'm sorry, did I break anything this time?" She asked and finally looked around.

The desk was a mess with papers everywhere with sketches of suits strewn. The chair was on its side against the wall. She sighed and looked to Tony.

"I'm sorry," she frowned and he shook his head and pulled away from the hug.

"You're completely okay, do you need your sessions with Sam again?" He asked and Elisa shook her head.

"I don't think so, I think it was just one of those nights, you get them, don't you?" She asked.

"Yeah, but if it gets worse, talk to me, okay, kid?" Tony asked and Elisa nodded.

"I will I promise," Elisa said as she used her telekinesis to clean up the room.

Tony walked over to the door was about to leave.

"Wait, Tony!" Elisa said and he turned around.

"I love you, like, as a Dad," she said and he smiled.

"I love you too, as a daughter," Tony replied, shutting off the light and closing the door.

Elisa laid back down, going on her phone and going through the notifications and texting Peter.

Elisa
So you ARE going to College?

Peter
Elisa, it's 2 am

Elisa
Yeah I couldn't sleep, bad dream woke me up

Peter
You ok?