chapter nine: training

Elisa sat across the table from Peter as they went over the contract, making amends to it and working out the faults

She looked up as Peter read through the next page, she was barely listening to what he was saying, just watching the way his lips moved and how his Queens accent made him word things out.

Elisa blinked herself out of her trance and she realized Peter stopped talking, he was staring at her with a blush on his cheek and she looked away, a smile on her face as her cheeks heated up.

"Uh, sorry," she mumbled and Tony walked in, looking over at Elisa with a smirk. She widened her eyes and her whole face grew hot.

"Just came to say that dinners ready, and control your faces, Vision made it," he said and Elisa groaned.

"Why do we still let him?" She asked and Peter grew confused.

"How else will he learn?" Tony asked.

"Cooking classes! Make him watch Rachel Ray!" She suggested and Tony had a look of awe appear his face.

"Jesus why didn't I think of that?" He muttered and walked out.

"Uh, is Vision a bad cook?" He asked and Elisa nodded.

"Probably the worst I've run into, I love the guy, but Jesus he needs some help, he has a passion," she said and smiled as she thought of her own.

"Well, time to prepare for it, I'm sure it's nothing compared to cafeteria food," he said and she shrugged.

"We'll see," she gave a hopeful smile and led him out to where they eat.

∆∆∆

"You're right, it's bad," Peter said and Elisa nodded.

"I've been wanting to tell him but I don't have the heart," she frowned and Peter smiled.

"Do you think you can help me out with my algebra?" He asked and Elisa raised an eyebrow.

Was he making an excuse to hang out with her? She just read his file. Elisa smiled and nodded.

"Of course!" She smiled as they sat down with the contract, finishing up the last few pages and signed.

Elisa smiled as they walked around the base, talking about the future and decided a schedule for training. She smiled as he pulled out his phone, shooting a text to his Aunt May. Elisa looked away and leaned against the wall.

"So, have you been in Queens your whole life?" She asked and Peter nodded.

"I think I was somewhere before that, but I really only remember being with my aunt and uncle," he said.