chapter three: a mission

Elisa had gone through a week of training in two days

Elisa had gone through a week of training in two days. Tony wasn't letting her leaving the base to make her train. As if she didn't have MMA knowledge. Elisa wiped the sweat from her brow as she walked over to her water bottle, swishing the water around in her mouth and spitting it into a bucket.

James, her trainer, stood on the other side of a punching bag, smiling as she walked back.

"Practice the punches on this thing," he said and she nodded, getting into the ready stance and started.

She put all her weight into the punches as she kept her guard up correctly, putting in combinations that she made up herself and mixed it with stuff he taught her.

When they finished, Elisa had little feeling in her legs and her arms felt like lead. She sighed and looked at Tony who was waiting out by door.

"I have a mission for you, it's gonna last a couple days," he said and Elisa nodded a small smile forming on her face.

"Alright, let me get ready," she spoke and she walked to her room, pressing the button next to the light switch that brought up a tube that held her suit. She asked for it as a cliche superhero joke.

She put on her catsuit and earpiece, turning it on as she put on the sunglasses Tony made her. Elisa fixed her ponytail as she walked out. Tony nodded and walked over, popping her collar as she turned on her glasses.

It connected to the suit and assessed her health and everything popped up in her vision.

"Megan, you on?" She asked.

"At your service, Elisa," the A.I responded and she nodded and looked to Tony.

"Alright, there's a guy I want you to follow around and get into on," Tony said and handed her a file.

"Unless he's killing, you can't make action, it'll blow our cover," Tony said and Elisa nodded.

Wilson Fisk.

"We have him on fraud and gang violence and rumored to have killed his father," Tony said as she read through his file and memorized his face.

"Alright, Hells Kitchen, is there somewhere I'm staying or am I ninja mode twenty four seven?" She said and Tony frowned.

"You're going to have to scrounge his fridge when he's asleep, and you'll have to keep Megan on when you're asleep," he said , "so you don't blow your cover."

Elisa nodded and shut the file, handing it back to him.

"I'll go through the subways," she said and Tony nodded.

"He's been found in an art museum lately," Tony said and Elisa nodded.

"See you, Dad," she smiled and hugged him.

"Stay safe, I'll be monitoring your footage when you're in the kitchen," he said and she nodded.

Elisa became invisible and walked out.

This was going to be tough for her.

∆∆∆

Elisa stood in the middle of the room, she had managed to get inside and she had walked over to the corner, sitting down and watched the scene play out in front of her.

Wilson Fisk was plotting something evil.

And he was threatened by this Daredevil running around and stopping all his convoys. She smirked at his frustration as he went over plans at his kitchen table. The burly and quite frankly, over sized man stood up straight and walked towards the window, he adjusted the cuff links on his sleeve and sighed.

"I'm here to restore this city, and I won't let anything take away that chance from me," he said and looked to the man standing there with him.

"I would be careful sir, Stark and S.H.E.I.L.D have caught wind of what happens behind the curtain, they might send the poltergeist," his friend said and Elisa beamed a grin as she silently stood up.

"Alright kid, walk over to the table I need those plans," Tony spoke in her ear and she snuck over, standing where neither man was.

She watched as the glasses took pictures.

"Okay kid step back," he said and she did, leaning against the wall.

"Go home James, I'll see you in the morning," Wilson said and James nodded, shaking Wilson's hand and leaving.

Wilson packed everything up and he walked into the other room where the light went off, in an hour she heard loud snores coming from his bedroom.

Elisa smiled as she felt a low rumble in her stomach. She walked over to his kitchen and quietly opened the refrigerator door, the light of the fridge illuminating the floor and kitchen counters.

Elisa quickly ate whatever she could count as finger food and silently shut the door. She was reminded of how she loved for months in Tony's tower. And this time she won't mess up. Because this time it could mean her life.

———

short chapter.