chapter twenty-nine: the future

Elisa Jane Stark stood at the start of the aisle, gripping Tony's arm as the music played and they started a synchronized stroll down the aisle

"You're not getting cold feet are you?" Tony asked quietly and Elisa shook her head.

"Not in a million years," she mumbled, her eyes tearing up as she saw Peter wiping his own eyes.

"Good, because I still work with him," Tony joked, making Elisa discreetly smack his chest.

"Violent," Tony smirked.

Elisa looked over at him, her heart melting at the sight of Tony crying.

"Oh dad," she smiled, fighting back the tears in her eyes.

They made it to Peter, Tony giving Elisa off and rested a hand in her cheek, going back to Pepper and their son, Morgan.

Elisa looked to Peter and smiled, squeezing his hands as they looked to the pastor.

"Please sit," the Pastor smiled, the guests taking their seats as the pastor directed them face to face.

"Dearly beloved, we are gathered here today to witness the marriage of Elisa Jane Stark and Peter Benjamin Parker, who have officially come before you all to solidify their love," the pastor smiled, "so let's get started."

A few people chuckled at his coolness and the couple flashed a smile.

"Peter, repeat after me," the pastor, "I, Peter, take you, Elisa, to be my lawfully wedded wife, to have and to hold, from this day forward, for better or for worse, for richer, or poorer, in sickness and in health, until death do us part."

Peter nodded, smiling brightly as he squeezed Elisa's hand.

"I, Peter, take you, Elisa," he started, staring deeply into her eyes, hoping to project all his emotion to her, "to be my lawfully wedded wife, to have and to hold, from this day forward, for better or for worse, for richer, or poorer, in sickness and in health, until death do us part."

Elisa felt a few tears fly down her cheeks, Peter did his best to wipe them away without smudging her makeup.

"Now, Elisa," the pastor smiled, looking to her. She nodded, looking to Peter and smiled.

"I, Elisa, take you, Peter," she began, her voice cracking as her hands shook, Peter slowly running his thumbs over hers, soothing her, "to be my lawfully wedded husband, to have and to hold, from this day forward, for better or for worse, for richer, or poorer, in sickness and in health, until death do us part."

Elisa looked out, seeing her close friends beaming with pride, Pepper crying with Tony keeping a loving arm around her.

"Now, for the rings," the pastor smiled, Elisa looked over to see Morgan hop down from his seat, holding the pillow up from his head as he looked confused as to where to go.

"Go to sissy," Pepper whispered, the little toddler running up and hugging Elisa from her legs. She chuckled and ran her fingers through his hair.

"Can we see the pillow Morgan?" The pastor asked and Morgan took a step back, holding it out for him. The pastor took the rings and Morgan ran back to Tony, holding his arms out for him to be picked up.

"Good job, buddy," Tony smiled and whispered in Morgan's ear.

"When you put the ring on her finger, you will say 'with this ring, I wed thee'," the pastor smiled and they two nodded, Peter getting the ring first.

"With this ring, I wed thee," Peter recited, slipping the silver band onto Elisa's finger.

Elisa smiled, receiving her ring and looking into Peters eyes.

"With this rig, I wed thee," she spoke gingerly, using a shaky hand to slide the ring on his finger. Lightly chuckling together as she visibly shook.

"I now pronounce you husband and wife!" The pastor exclaimed, "you may kiss your bride."

Peter wrapped an arm around her waist, a hand steadied the back of Elisa's neck. Elisa's arms naturally looped behind Peters neck, the two colliding into a kiss. Elisa felt the world around them disappear. As if it was her, Peter and an infinite numbers of vacant stars and planets. Elisa's stomach flipped and her mind buzzed as peter overtook her senses.

The hairs on her arms rose as a shudder went down her spine and she pulled away, the biggest smile and the light in her eyes shining brightly. The guest stood up applauding as they parted and held hands.

"I present to you, Mister and Misses Peter Benjamin Parker," the pastor announced, "Go now and share your love for eternity!"

Elisa smiled as they strolled down the aisle, waving and never parting, walking out to their limo where they would go to their reception.

"Oh my god," Elisa looked to Peter who kept her in his lap.

"So, Mrs. Parker, how you these days?" Peter asked with a smirk.

"Eh," she spoke bluntly, holding his face and pulled him in for another kiss, the same feeling coming in again.

"I love you," she said when they broke.

"I love you," he smiled and she smiled back, kissing him again.

"We're here!" The old man spoke, lowering the divider. Elisa looked over to see the man, his white hair was slicked back and his grey, almost white beard was perfectly trimmed.

"Congratulations, love birds," he smiled and they thanked him, getting out carefully and grabbing their clothes to change into later.

The couple set everything up, smiling as people started trickling in, the two greeting everyone at the door. Elisa smiled as people came in more and more soon filling to the brim. Children running around the play area that was set up for them. They asked for a photographer to capture the moments as they came, dismissing a photo shoot.

Elisa heard the bellowing laugh of Thor, looking to Peter with a knowing smile. They laced their fingers together and walked over to the group of retired avengers, all smiling brightly. Although, Thor was still with Elisa and Peter, his longevity making him still look just as youthful as he was when he met them almost twenty years ago. Loki right beside him.

"Congratulations you two," His silky voice a contrast to the bumbling of people who met and conversed.

"Thank you, Loki," Elisa smiled, stepping forward and hugging him, looking to Thor who pulled her into a bear hug, spinning around, making Elisa laugh.

"The young one is finally betrothed!" Thor announced, making everyone cheer as he set her down.

Elisa smiled as Peter wrapped his arm around her waist, smiling softly as he watched the love of his life.

"I see you still wear mjolnir," Thor pointed to the necklaced adorning her chest.

"I keep my family with me wherever I go," Elisa smiled as Thor clapped Peter on the back.

"I'm so proud of you, boy, you found the what you earthlings day as the catch of the century," Thor smiled and Steve shook his head as his inaccuracy in the saying.

"Thank you," Peter smiled, looking down at Elisa.

"I really did find the love of my life."