chapter twenty-four: break

It was months into her first year at MIT and it was finally time for her Christmas break

It was months into her first year at MIT and it was finally time for her Christmas break. Janelle had decided to stay at the dorm, leaving Elisa to pack some clothes and her bed sheets.

"See you next year," Elisa smiled and Janelle rolled her eyes with a smile.

"Don't you play that joke with me when you get back," Janelle hugged the girl.

"Talk to Peter while you're down there, please," she said and Elisa nodded.

"I'll try," she said and left, tucking her key in her pocket.

Elisa walked out to see Natasha in the helicopter that was landing. she couldn't stop smiling as it landed for her to run in. She dropped her stuff hugged Nat from behind.

"I missed you so much," Elisa smiled and sat down next to her, getting ready to take off.

"I missed you too, Darling, now let's see the rest of the crazy family," Natasha smiled, flying off.

In an hour, Elisa was practically jumping out of her seat as they landed at the base, she grabbed her stuff and ran for the entrance, hugging Pepper as she was the first person she saw.

"Oh my god mom," Elisa smiled as she held her tightly.

"I missed you too," Pepper chuckled as she hugged back.

"I know that voice," Elisa heard Clint come around the corner, baby Nathaniel in his arms.

"Forget Clint, I only know a Nathaniel," she giggled as she walked over to the bubbling baby that smiled when he saw her.

"Auntie Elisa's here!" Elisa smiled as she held Nathaniel in her arms, leaning into Clint as he hugged her.

"Everyone else is in the living room preparing Tony's Christmas party slash your welcome home party," Clint said and Elisa gave Clint his baby back.

"I'm going to go see them," she smiled and walked out, turned corners and goaded as they all stood there, going through and doing whatever Tony assigned them.

"Road work ahead?" Elisa called out.

"Uh yeah, I sure hope it does!" They automatically responded, looking over at Elisa with smiles. Elisa eventually hugged them all, smiling st the fact that they all looked better, healthier.

"Have you guys been drinking water?" She asked, Tony chuckled, putting his arm around her shoulder,

"Yeah," he responded, pulling away to pick up her bag and she grabbed her bag of sheets.

"Lets get you settled in," Tony said as they walked off to Elisa's room.

Elisa looked around the room she barely recognized, she looked back at Tony and sighed.

"I miss it here," she said and he hugged her.

"We missed you," He spoke softly and she smiled.

"Well let's get ready for that party why don't we?" She asked, and Tony nodded as she dropped the bags and walked out.

"Alright, we have to get the food ready and I ordered the food just now, it should come in twenty minutes," Vision said and Elisa nodded, looking over at Steve and Bucky.

"So some vets are coming over?" Bucky asked and Steve nodded.

Elisa walked back to her room, coming out with her Polaroid camera. She took photos of people off guard, smiling at them as she gently held them. She walked over to Wanda who caught her, smiling for the camera.

"Gorgeous," Elisa smiled as she shook the photo. Elisa set the photos on the counter next to the camera and walked off to where Tony was setting up the alcohol.

"I better not catch a glass of anything if this in your hand," he said and Elisa frowned.

"Really?" She asked, "Not one glass of champagne?"

"You can have one glass of champagne on New Year's Day," Tony said as he put the last bottle on the table along with the glasses.

"Deal, thanks dad!" She smiled and walked over to the couch, sitting down next to Loki who was staring at the coffee table in concentration,

"Planning a prank?" She asked and he smiled and shook his head, looking over at her.

"No, just, what exactly are we celebrating?" He asked.

"Christmas used to be a pagan holiday but the Christians made it about Jesus," Elisa explained, "but it's how a lot of people celebrate Christmas."

"Oh," he leaned back and frowned.

"I never really liked that guy," he sighed and Elisa widened her eyes.

"You knew Jesus?" Elisa asked.

"Yeah, kind of an imbecile," Loki smiled and Elisa crossed her arms.

"You're messing with me," Elisa countered and he chuckled.

"A little bit," he smiled and Elisa leaned onto his arm as people got ready.

"I missed this," she smiled and Loki smiled back.

"I did too"

———

short chapter.