It might be the end

Today Gerard isn't happy. I told him we couldn't go out. He begged and pleaded but I wouldn't crack. "Daddy pleeeease, I wanna go to the mall and park!" Gerard begged, practically crying. I rolled my eyes and pushed his hair back. "Baby, no. We can't, I'm really busy. We can go out tomorrow." I said smiling hoping that would make him happy.

He stomped his foot and crossed his arms. "I wanna go out now! We're married so that means you have to listen to me!" Gerard yelled. He doesn't seem to understand what it means to be married. "Sweetie no. That's not what marriage means." I said, feeling slightly disappointed.  Gerard stomped out of the room, I followed him. He sat down on the couch and started putting on his shoes. Since he can't tie his shoes he just shoved the laces behind his heels. He got up and practicality tripped over himself.

He walked over to the front door and said, "I'll take myself out!" He flung it open and storms out of the house. I quickly follow him out and he's half way in the street. Suddenly a car comes speeding out of no where and HITS GERARD! My heart stopped....oh no...

"GERARD!" I scream at the top of my lungs and run out into the street. The driver gets out and frantically starts apologizing and crying. "I'm so so so sorry I-I didn't see him!" She says crying and crouching down next to Gerard. I'm so lost, I have to think about what to say. I'm a crying mess. "Call 911! Please hurry!" I sob. She nods and pulls out her phone. Once the call was over she came back and comforted me. Blood leaked from gees nose, mouth, and head. My hands and lap are covered in his blood.

15 minutes later

The paramedics are loading Gerard into the ambulance. I was allowed to get in with Gerard. He has a really big fear of needles and I don't want him to freak out when he wakes up. I sit down next to him and the doors close. I take his hand and squeeze tightly. The ambulance shakes a little as they start it up and head to the hospital.  A few moments later, I heard a small groan. "Daddy, w-whats going on? Everything hurts." Gerard whispers rolling his head around. I put my hand on his forehead and shoosh him. "You were in an accident. Just close your eyes." I whisper. He slowly closed his eyes and seemed to fall asleep instantly.

We get to the hospital and I'm told to sit in the waiting room. They'll give me an update soon. I'm terrified. I should have just took him out.

Not long after, a doctor comes out with a disappointed look. Oh no. He shakes his head, "I'm sorry. We did everything we could to save him. He was internally bleeding and we didn't catch it in time. I'm so sorry, Mr. Iero." The doctor says, barely looking at me. No, no, NO, NO! HE CAN'T BE GONE! I COULD HAVE FUCKING SAVED YOU! I fall to my knees and cry. The doctor places his hand on my back. "I'm sorry." I-I lost him. H-H-He's fucking gone.  I'll never find someone like him. The doctor leads me to the room where they put his lifeless body. A breathing tube crammed down his throat, is sticking out of his mouth with tape holding it in place. He died in pain. He suffered and I wasn't here to protect him. Gerard, my husband, my life, my little, is dead. He's fucking dead. "Please, please come back Gerard. I can't lose you now." I whisper lifting his head limp head against my chest. The doctors are watching me sob over his body. "Mr Iero, I think its time for you to leave." A doctor says gently grabbing my arm. I shake my head. "I can't......"

"Mr. Iero?" The doctor says, noticing I'm lost in thought. I stand up, practically shaking. My face is red from crying so much, which is embarrassing. The doctor seems to be happy so that gives me some hope. "Gerard is gonna be just fine.  He has a slight concussion and a fractured arm, but he'll be fine. The impact of the car wasn't hard enough to cause any life threatening injures." I sighed in relief, wanting to cry from happiness. "Oh thank god!" I said smiling. He smiled back and said, "You can follow me to see him and you can take him home tonight." I nod and walk behind the doctor.

Gerard was crying and panicing. "Whoa baby! Daddy's right here!" I said taking his and and pushing his hair back. He looks at me and calms himself a little. "Theres a needle in my arm! It hurts so fucking bad! G-get it out!" He cries gripping onto my hand for dear life. The nurse came around and carefully pulled the 5 inch needle out of Gerards arm. Gerard winced   and almost screamed. The doctor comes back and makes me sigh a few things before telling me, we can leave. I pick up Gerard and he wraps his legs around my waist. He kisses the side of my neck before wrapping his arms around me.

He has a small cast on his forearm and has medication for his concussion. I smile and call a cab. I should have drove here but I couldn't focus. Gerard fell asleep on me, but still was wrapped around me tightly. That scared the living shit out of me. For a moment I thought Gerard died. We've been at the hospital basically all day. Its 9 pm now and we arrived at 3. My imagination made time fly by. I should have be thinking positive instead of negative in that waiting room. I'm still shaking at the thought of Gerard dying. I might throw up if I say those words again, "Gerard dying."

The cab pulls up, I carry Gerard into the cab, and I tell the driver our address. I stay silent the whole ride. The ride seems to take forever but its short. Once we arrive home, I pay the driver and quickly take Gerard into the house. I lay him down on the bed and undress him. He instantly curled up under the blanket, like he knew he was home.

At this point I don't even care about work anymore. I'm too fidgety to do anything other than sleep. I get undressed and cuddle up with Gerard. A few moments later, Gerard rolls over to look at me. "Daddy, would you have left me in the street?" Gerard asked. I run my fingers through his hair and said, "Of course not. I've never been more terrified." Gerard nodded and cuddled against my chest.

"I love you daddy."

"I love you too baby boy." ❤❤

~~~~
Sorry I almost gave u a heart attack and sorry about not publishing in forever.