Chapter 41: Y/n Vs. The Painter

4-15-14-20 23-14-18-18-23 25/14, 9-22-5 7-14-20 25-14-21. 1-16-18-9-12 9-19 8-5-18-5. 2-9-7 19-9-19 23-9-12-12 2-5 8-5-18-5 20-15 16-18-15-20-5-3-10 25-15-21.

*Y/n POV*

Everyone else finished their exams, and it was my turn. I entered the stage, and I was in a massive city.

"Y/n Drew practical exam!" The announcer said, "Are you ready?!"

I gave a thumbs up, and the bell rang, signaling the start of the match.

*Third Person POV*

Y/n pulled his pen out of his back pocket, drawing all manner of things on thin air, immediately taking shape into real creatures.

Birds of prey, lions, even Nomus, and the six-foot demons he created when he first tried using the pen.

Across the city, Painter was doing the same. He created tigers, lions, bears, and even a massive elephant.

The beast from both sides charged through the city, following their master's orders. The animals found each other, attacking and tearing each other up. Ink and paint went flying everywhere.

After all the animals were gone, Painter and Y/n came into the battle, flying at each other using ink and paint. They flung their respective substances everywhere.

Y/n jumped back from the fight, and launched an ink grenade at Painter, covering everything in ink.

Painter jumped back, holding his brush at the ready. Y/n appeared out of the ink, and flew towards him on his wings.

Y/n kicked Painter, launching him back into a wall. Painter used his paint to disappear. Painter reappeared on a building, and launched paint at Y/n.

Y/n jumped up to the building, using Bakugo's quirk. He charged forward, punching with explosions. Painter was launched off the building, back to the ground.

"Damn," He said, "I can't keep up with All For One, and if he uses Ghost, I'm done for. Time to play it smart."

He flung his brush at a wall, creating a giant door. He through it open, and it lead into the building. Y/n followed behind, jumping through a window and into the building.

The building was dark, and there were halls and corners everywhere.

"Where are you hiding?" Y/n asked.

Suddenly, he was smacked by paint, launching him into the wall. He pushed off the wall, and got hit by more paint.

"Come on boy," Painter taunted, "You're the son of Joey Drew and Tombstone."

He was hit by even more paint, he just kept turning in circles, searching for Painter.

"You have three quirks," The taunts came, "Why not use them!?"

"AAAARRRRGGGHHHH"

Y/n started to glow bright purple. His aura surrounded him, creating a protective field around him. Purple lightning shot off his body, spreading to the walls and floor. His tail got longer, sharper, his wings got bigger, as the tips of his feathers were as sharp as daggers, and his horns grew larger and sharper. The lighting shooting off him and his aura turned pure black, and his eyes turned to ink.

He was using Ghost to it's full potential. He had surpassed Tombstone. His mother.

"After all," Painter said, quieter this time, and closer, "How else are you going to save everyone?"

Y/n turned around, slashing his tail and arms, his mind focused only on defeating his opponent.

He hit Painter, beating him over and over with his fists, kicks, and ink. With one final kick, he sent painter flying, launching his straight out of the building and into the wall of another.

Painter fell to the ground, and pushed himself to a sitting position. He leaned against the wall, and Y/n came over to him.

"Do you give in?" He said, "Or are you thirsty for more?"

Painter just looked him in the eyes, as he held up his hands.

"This match is over. Good job, nephew."

Y/n slapped the cuffs on him, and Painter said.

"You surpassed her, your mother would be proud."

*??? POV*

"...So we have our plan. Y/n Drew will die."

I looked up from my knees, which were clutched to my chest. A plan to kill Y/n? What's this about?

"Did you here that, April," Alice Angel's voice rang out of nowhere and everywhere, "Your precious devil will die. Nothing you can do."

I looked back down into my knees, and began to sob. She was right. I couldn't use my quirk, I couldn't take control of my body, there was no way to fight Alice. I just had to watch as she constantly attacked Y/n and his friends. But I had to continue to fight, for Y/n.

'Don't worry Y/n, April is here. I'll always be here to protect you.'