Chapter 12: Dinner with Midoriya

*Y/n POV*

After school, I picked Dad up from the studio. We walked over to Izuku's house, which was in a nice residential part of town.

"Well," I said, "We're here. What now?"

Dad looked at me like I was stupid.

"You ring the doorbell, idiot."

"Oh, right."

I rang the doorbell, and a few moments later the door opened, revealing Izuku behind it.

"Oh hey Y/n." He said, "Hello Mr.Drew."

Dad stuck out his hand, "Pleasure to meet you, Izuku."

They shook, and we heard a voice behind him.

"Izuku, who is it?"

"Oh, Mom," Izuku said, "It's Y/n and Mr.Drew!"

Izuku's mom came out from around the corner, and saw us.

"Oh, Y/n, it's been a while hasn't it?" She greeted.

"Why yes it has been. How are you?" I said.

"I'm doing just fine," She turned to my dad, "It's nice to finally meet you, Mr.Drew."

I turned to my dad and saw he was staring at her.

"Please," He said, "Call me Joey, and the pleasure is all mine."

"Please, come in." She said.

She lead us to the dining room, where a feast of sorts was set up.

"Sorry if I cooked too much," she said, "I didn't know if you'd all be hungry or not."

"No need to apologize," My dad said, "We can eat a lot, ain't that right buddy?"

I was too busy looking over all the food and drooling to respond.

[Timeskip]

*Third Person POV*

Y/n sat back in his chair, rubbing his stomach contently. He had eaten the most out of all of them, having eaten most of the food on the table.

"Okay Buddy," Joey said, "Why don't you and Izuku screw around for a while so we can talk?"

Y/n groaned, and Izuku had to drag him into his room. As they went into the room, Joey and Inko poured a glass of wine and began to talk.

"So, Mrs.Midoriya," Joey said.

"Please, call me Inko."

"Okay then, Inko," Joey corrected, "How's it like, raising Izuku on your own?"

She looked at him, then thought for a moment.

"Well, it's a little difficult." She said, "A boy needs his father, and I just feel like I can't teach him everything he needs to know."

Joey hummed, looking into his drink in thought.

"What about you?" She asked, "Is there a Mrs.Drew?"

He looked depressed.

"Oh, I'm sorry, you don't have to share if-"

"No," He interrupted, "I brought it up." He sighed, "There was a Mrs.Drew, a great woman. She was everything I could ask for."

"Sorry for asking, but...was?" She asked.

"She died when Y/n was ten." He explained, "Y/n has been telling me that she would want me to move on...but, it's hard to do."

He sighed, and they sat there in silence for a while. Before Joey spoke up, "Well, we're quite a bunch, ain't we? Two single parents, trying to raise their kids to be grown ups."

She held out her glass, "That's right."

They clinked.

"To parenthood." Joey said.

"To parenthood." She replied.

With the two boys, they were having their own conversation.

"Hey Izuku?" Y/n said.

"Yeah?"

"Did you see how my dad was acting," He said, "I've never seen him act like that before."

"Yeah, same with my mom," Izuku responded, "Wait, I have seen one person act like that."

"Who?"

"You."

Y/n gave him an incredulous look.

"No seriously," Izuku said, "You act like that around Momo a lot!"

Y/n closed his eyes, thinking. Izuku continued, "You don't think..."

Y/n opened his eyes and looked at the green-haired boy, "You're thinking exactly what I'm thinking." He sighed, "I guess it wouldn't be the worst thing ever. After all, my mom died five years ago, my dad should have a second chance to..." He let his voice trail off.

"Yeah," Izuku replied, "My mom should have a chance too."

"Well then Izuku," Y/n said, "I think we both agree, this has been quite the dinner."

[Timeskip]

*Y/n POV*

Dad and I left about an hour later. As we were making our way back to home, Dad spoke up.

"We should visit your mother."

So, we changed course, heading for the graveyard where Mom was buried. I went in first, since Dad liked to be alone at her grave.

I walked until i was right in front of Mom's grave.

"Well Mom," I said to the grave, "I know, it's been a while. I miss you, so much. I think you'd be happy to hear, Dad might be falling in love again. I know you wanted him to move on, but it's hard for him."

I sighed, "Well, it's been nice," I created an ink flower, "But I've gotta go."

I put the flower down, and wiped some fallen leaves off the grave.

I read the inscription, despite the fact that I had read it hundreds of times.

Here Lies

M/n Drew

Wife, Mother, Sister, and Hero.

"People don't fear death, they fear the pain that comes with it."

"Rest in peace, No.3." -Endeavor.

And underneath all the inscriptions, was a small inscription that was added later:

The Third-Greatest Hero in the world:

Tombstone, the Graveyard Hero.