Chapter 14: A Challenge

*Y/n POV*

The entire class was sitting in the waiting room, waiting, obviously, for the sports festival to start. I was in the back, talking to Momo about our training. I never told anyone about my new quirk though. We stopped when Todoroki walked up to Izuku, and I knew shit was about to hit the fan.

"W-what i-is it-t Todoroki?" Izuku asked.

"On an objective basis," Todoroki said, "I think I'm above you, in terms of strength."

"Wha?! Ah, uh, yeah..." Izuku said, stuttering.

"You've managed to get All Might's eye, haven't you?" Todoroki said, "I feel no need to pry, but I will beat you."

Denki spoke up, "Woah, what's this? A declaration of war from the strongest kid in class?!"

"What's the aggressiveness?" Eijiro said, "Don't spring this on him right before-"

"I'm not here to play nice and make friends." Todoroki interrupted him.

"I have no idea what you want from me." Izuku said, "You are definitely stronger than me, I think the vast majority of people here are no match for you."

"Come on Izuku," I said, "Don't be so down."

"Even so!" Izuku yelled, "Everyone, even kids from other departments are aiming for the top!So not even i can lag behind the rest! So I'm going to go for it with all my might!"

As they finished talking, the tension was so thick you could cut it with a knife. That is, until we were told to go out to the stadium. After Present Mic gave his introductions, we all waited in front of the stage, wondering what to do. That is, until the 18+ hero, Midnight took the stage. There was a lot of cheering and whistling, and even I was staring, until I saw Momo glaring at me.

Midnight made people shut up, and then said, "Now, Class Rep. Bakugo Katsuki please come up!"

Bakugo went up and took the mic, saying this, "I'll just say it, I'm gonna win."

This caused an uproar from the students, and Midnight kept talking.

"All right, we can move on to the first event!" She said, "And the first round is...an obstacle race!"

"An obstacle course?" Izuku said.

All eleven classes began lining up and the countdown began.

Time seemed to slow down, as Midnight yelled.

"GO!"