Chapter 22: Final Round Part 5

*Y/n POV*

'What am I going to do?'

I was sitting in the waiting room, as I had decided to miss this match to think of a strategy. Outside, I could hear the match between Tenya and Todoroki.

'How am I gonna beat him? I know barely anything about his quirk!'

I heard the cheers stop, and the speaker in the room allowed me to hear Present Mic.

"And the winner is Shoto Todoroki! The next match will be starting shortly, so will the contestants please make their way to the arena.

'Well, I guess it's time to reveal ghost. I'll just have to hit hard and fast.'

With my pep-talk done, I left the room.

*Third Person POV*

In the stands off class 1-A, there was a feeling of unease. This fight was between two of the strongest students in the class, and no one knew who would win. But there were two, Denki and Momo, who knew something no one else did.

"So," Eijiro said, "Who do you think is going to win?"

"I don't know," Ochaco said, "I fought Bakugo before, so I know how strong he is. But I also know Y/n will give it his all!"

"Yeah!" Denki yelled, "Have confidence in my man!"

"I guess you're both right," Eijiro said, "We'll have to watch and see."

"I just hope he doesn't get hurt." Momo said.

The entire class went silent as Y/n and Bakugo stepped up, and took position.

"Katsuki Bakugo versus Y/n Drew!" Present Mic yelled, "START!"

Y/n was the first to attack, surrounding his arms in hardened ink. He slammed into Bakugo, but Bakugo stopped it with an explosion. The attack didn't seem to phase Y/n, as he continued his assault. This repeated a few times, before Bakugo managed to create some distance.

"How?!" He yelled, "How are you not hurt yet?!"

"I think it's time to tell you about my second quirk," Y/n said, "'Ghost!' It allows me to pass through anything!"

Bakugo began to get pissed off, and put his arms together.

"Wait, is he really-" Ochaco said.

"DIE!" Bakugo yelled.

A massive explosion came from his fists, and charged at Y/n. Just as the explosion was about to hit, Y/n used his quirk to go through it.

Chunks of the arena were sent flying everywhere, into the crowd. Time seemed to slow down as one chunk was about to hit a massive part of the crowd.

There was a loud crack, and Y/n was hovering in front of the crowd, his fist surrounded in ink. The crowd was shocked, and murmurs began to spread.

"How'd he move so fast?"

"What the hell?"

"What just happened?"

"Did he teleport or something?"

Y/n just looked around confused.

"What was that?" He said.

Then he fell flat on his face, passed out.

"WHA-WHAT?!" Present Mic said, "IT APPEARS Y/N TELEPORTED OUT OF THE MATCH TO PROTECT THE CROWD!"

The entire audience was shocked. Midnight looked conflicted, but she raised her hand towards Bakugo.

"Y/n is out of bounds!" She said, "Bakugo is the winner!"

The crowd began to yell in protest, but Bakugo was awarded the victory. Y/n was taken to the nurse's office to make sure he was okay.