Chapter 32: Secrets Revealed

A=1 Z=26

*Y/n POV*

I slowly opened my eyes, seeing I was laying in a bed, staring at a white ceiling. There was an oxygen mask wrapped around my head, and my right arm, left leg, and torso were wrapped in bandages.

I turned to my side, seeing the pen from Author Man laying there, the quote staring me right back.

'I guess that wasn't a dream. Weird.'

I reached over and grabbed the pen, turning it over in my hands. I heard the door open, and turned to it.

"Y/n, thank god, you're up." My dad said, wheeling into the room.

I couldn't speak, but he seemed to read my eyes, "Don't worry buddy," He said reassuringly, "Everything is going to be okay, but I need you to stay calm."

I nodded weakly, and he grabbed a small hand mirror off a counter. He held it up, and showed me what I looked like.

Floating above my horns, was an inky halo, just floating above my head. On my back, there were two inky wings, dripping ink of the ends. As for my tail, it had change to permanently be in it's "Ghost" form, sharp tip, longer, ribbed with sharp spikes, and a nasty hook off the tip, creating a type of knife with my tail.

 As for my tail, it had change to permanently be in it's "Ghost" form, sharp tip, longer, ribbed with sharp spikes, and a nasty hook off the tip, creating a type of knife with my tail

"I know it's a big change," Dad said, "But the doctors can't do anything about it."

I nodded my head, showing understanding, and closed my eyes. I began to think about what had happened, when I felt something on my wings. I opened my eyes to see the wings were gone, into my back.

I looked at Dad, and he had the same look of surprise that I did.

"Okay," Dad said, "I guess you can make them disappear. That's good."

We sat there for a few more hours, just sitting around in silence.

"Well buddy," Dad said, heading for the door, "I gotta go home. I'll be back tomorrow, so have a good night."

[Timeskip]

A few days later, I was still stuck in bed. I didn't need the oxygen mask anymore, but my arm and leg were still wrapped up, same with my torso. I was watching the news, something about some red scarf-wearing idiot being arrested.

Suddenly, the door flew open and Momo came running into the room. She saw me and immediately hugged me, she was letting out a stream of tears.

"You idiot!" She said, holding me tightly, "Do you what could've happened?! What's wrong with you!?"

"I'm sorry..." I said weakly.

"I don't know what I would've done," She said, "If I had lost you."

She put her head on my shoulder and just cried, I rubbed her back with my good arm, holding her close. Two more people entered the room. One I recognized as the pro hero Uwabami, the other I didn't recognize at all.