Chapter 34: All For One and One For All

25-15-21   1-18-5   1   6-15-15-12,   10-5-15-25.    9    11-9-12-12-5-4    15-21-18    15-20-8-5-18   2-18-15-20-8-5-18,    23-8-1-20    13-1-11-5-19   25-15-21    20-8-9-14-11    9    23-15-14-20    4-15    20-8-5    19-1-13-5    20-15   25-15-21,   15-18   5-22-5-14    25-15-21-18   23-9-6-5,   15-18    13-1-25-2-5    25-15-21-18    14-5-23-2-15-18-14    19-15-14.

*Izuku POV*

I walked into All Might's office and saw Y/n wrapping a new bandage around his arm. He heard me enter, so he cut the bandage and put it in his back pocket.

"Hey Izuku," He said, "We've been waiting."

"Yes," All Might said, sitting on the couch, "Come have a seat."

I sat down across from him and Y/n stood behind me.

'He seems... different.'

"You went through a lot recently, I'm sorry I wasn't around to help out." He said.

"Oh, no," I said, "You don't need to apologize. More importantly, you mentioned One For All earlier."

"I heard that the hero killer swallowed your blood."

"Oh, yeah. His quirk made him able to paralyze people after tasting their blood."

"Man, how'd I miss out on that fun?" I heard Y/n whisper, "That sounds awesome."

"Is that what this is about?" I asked.

"Do you remember how I passed my power to you?" All Might asked, "What I said that day?"

"EAT THIS!" I said, imitating All Might's face and voice.

"N-no! Not that part!" He said, "I said the key was in my DNA. That's why you had to swallow the hair."

"Oh crap!" I yelled, "Don't tell me the hero killer has One For All now!"

"No he doesn't," He reassured, "I just thought you'd be worried. Now I see the thought never crossed your mind. One for all can only be given to another if you, the bearer, intend to transfer it. It's not something that can be taken by force. It can be transferred by force though."

"The quirk you now  have is unique," He explained, "And... you should know it's origin."

Y/n walked over to the window, his eyes closed. It looked as though something was heavy on his mind.

"One For All was derived from another strange quirk, one that's very old." He said.

I was confused, "It used to be something different?"

He nodded, "The name of that quirk is, All For One. It allowed it's user to steal quirks from others, and the user could keep the quirks for himself, or transfer them to others."

"What?" I said, "You mean... he could steal powers."

"This was back when quirks were new. Before society had figured out how to deal with the new powered beings among them. When quirks first appeared, it was almost impossible to decide what it meant to be a normal person. Laws and human rights were hotly debated topics. Civilization's progress stalled completely. Society began to decay."

"If super powers had never appeared, then humans would be taking interstellar holidays by this point," I said, "I remember hearing that from someone famous."

"Right," All Might said, continuing, "During this time, there was a man who managed to rally many people together. He went by the name of his power, All For One. He stole quirks from others and then he spread his influence around the country. He manipulated people, to serve his purposes and committed evil acts with little to no resistance. In the blink of an eye, he became the leader of villains all over Japan."