Chapter 17: Reasons to Fight

*Y/n POV*

'Ochaco's gonna have a hard time against Bakugo.'

The rest of the competitors and I were all looking at the match ups for the final round. I looked at Mina and she looked at me.

"Don't think I'm gonna hold back Y/n!" She yelled determined.

"I wouldn't expect anything less!" I yelled back.

[Timeskip]

Everyone had gone to the stands so that we could watch the the field games for the people who weren't in the finals. I had to use the bathroom, so I separated from everyone. When I finished...'doing the deed' I left the bathroom and heard voices down the hall. I walked over and saw Todoroki and Izuku. They noticed me and Todoroki waved me over.

"So Todoroki, what do you wanna talk about?" Izuku asked.

"That feeling I got when you grabbed one of my headbands," He said, "It was similar to the feeling I got when I saw All Might fighting that monster at the USJ. So i need to know...are you All Might's illegitimate child or something?"

"Y-you've got it all wrong!" Izuku said.

Todoroki turned to me, and began to talk.

"And you Y/n." He said, "I've spoken to heroes who seem to recognize you. So tell me, are you the child of the No.3 hero, Tombstone?"

I clenched my fist, I wanted to punch him through a wall.

"Todoroki..." I said, "What does it matter? She was a great hero, but I'm not her. I will be my own hero."

He seemed surprised, but then regained his composure.

"I assume you know of my father, 'Endeavor' the No.2 hero. If you two are connected to the No.1 and previous No.3 heroes, that is all more reason for me to win. My old man will do anything to make a name for himself, but it was never enough to surpass All might. And he knew he could never hack it with his own power, so he devised a plan."

"What are you talking about, Todoroki?" Izuku asked.

"i assume you've heard of 'quirk marriages', yes?" He responded.

Izuku gave a confused look, and shook his head.

"Ever since quirks have existed, quirk marriages have been a thing," Todoroki explained, "Using two people's quirks to create an even stronger one. Therefore, my father forced his way into my mother's life and obtained her quirk."

I heard Izuku's breath hitch, and mine stopped for a second.

"In all my memories of my mom," Todoroki continued, "She is crying. She told me that my left side was ugly and dumped boiling water on me. The reason I'm aiming to beat you two, is a personal triumph. I won't use my shitty old man's quirk. More importantly, I'm going to be the No.1 hero without needing to. This is a total disavowal of him."

With that, Todoroki walked away. Izuku ran after him, but I turned the other way. I didn't care about Endeavor, apparently there was some bad blood between my dad and him, and I didn't want to be involved in that.

[Timeskip]

I was walking around when i saw Momo and the other girls from class 1-A.

"Hey Momo, how's it-"

I cut myself off when i saw what they were wearing. All of the girls were wearing orange cheerleader outfits with the U.A. logo on it. I had a light blush and turned away.

"Is this a type of encouragement for the guys in class?" I asked.

Momo threw a pom pom at me and covered herself.

"No! This is the little pervert's fault!" She said.

Oh, so this was Mineta's idea. I'll get him later.

*Mineta POV*

A chill ran through my spine.

'Oh god.'

*Y/n POV*

When the girls all changed back to their gym clothes, we all headed to the stadium to watch the first match of the finals. I sat down between Denki and Momo. A turned around and saw a nervous Mashirao.

"Hey Mashirao," I said, "Are you okay?"

"Yeah dude, you look sick." Denki said.

"I'm fine, just worried about Izuku in this match." He said.

"Why?" I asked, "When we were on the same team, Shinso didn't seem like much."

"Yeah, I hope you're right." He said.

With that conversation over, Present Mic gave the introductions for Izuku and Shinso, and the match began.