Chapter 35: Affliction

I had a horrible day today :/ my exam was a disaster. Lucky for you I had the energy to update. UNEDITED!

**********************

Alejandro's P.O.V

After finally getting through the long line of sweaty sick people, I purchased the prescribed medication and made my way back to the building. I took the elevators and quickly made it to the room.

It was empty. The bed Camilla was lying on is now only sheets of green fabric. I went to her doctors office, maybe she was there.

But his office was empty. Apparently he just entered the emergency room for a heart operation.

I scanned the crowd that occupied this floor. She wasn't there.

I checked the bathrooms and any other room on the same level.

Panicking was not an option. I decided to go to the reception and have one of the nurses announce her name and meeting point.

The nurse was kind enough to allow such a proposal and was keen to help.

She never showed up. I went to the parking lot..no sight of her blonde hair.

The parking lot was as empty as a vassal and nothing occupied the free air. I gazed around more until I realized my body was moving in circles now.

My car was still parked on the same spot.

I sifted and sorted, my eyes were constantly on the look-out for any gleam of sunshine like hair. My executive functioning is down to walking quickly and checking over my shoulder way too often.

My legs are empty and there is a rising feeling of nausea from my stomach. Like something has happened to her.

In the haze of the afternoon I can feel the loose shirt start to cling to my back in places and my eyes were burning under the hot steamy sun.

I called her a few times, her phone was turned off.

Now I started to panic. I went back and forth searching for her until salty sweat dropped all over my forehead.

Where could a grown ass woman disappear to?

Suddenly the sound my phone ringing stopped any further activities.

It was an unknown number.

Picking up.

"Helllo."

"Ciao Alejandro." Anger boiled deep in my system, as hot as lava. It churned within.

"You bastard..." he laughed.

"You see, I'm way smarter than you think. I have men inside and out. Don't think your plans will get past me. I will always be ten steps ahead of you." He responded.

"We will get to you one way or another." I threatened.

"No you won't, and your little doll will be staying with us for a while." My hand curled into a fist.

"You pussy if you hurt her I'll crush your bones myself."

"Hurt her? No no we're going to have a party...A feast, Russian style."

"What do you want ? Why are you doing this?"

"I just want those files, those files are worth everything to any mafia man. Anyone would kill for those police files. I for sure will slaughter what's precious to anyone who stands in my way." He chuckled. "I'll give you some time to consider what you will do to hand me those worthy papers and only then you can have the Brazilian beauty I know her father would want her back, after all she's worth more to him than gold and guns." With that he ended the conversation leaving me in frustration.