Twenty-Seven - "I Don't Do Feelings, I Don't Do Sappy Goodbyes."

Start from the beginning

"What will you do, then? Where will you go?"

"I'll do anything and go anywhere I damn well please. I've more than earned my freedom."

Cas dipped his head.

"You look like a kicked puppy, Clarence."

"You took me getting you out of Purgatory as you to owe a debt. You never had to owe me anything."

"Oh, no, I had to."

"I wouldn't have used it as a bargaining chip."

Meg scoffed. "You and I both know you would have as a last resort if you absolutely had to. You may try to be diplomatic, but when things get hairy, you unleash your inner devious side. To me, that's when you're the sexiest."

Cas's cheeks tinted pink in the dark.

"I should've known you'd want to stay behind. Those Winchesters have you by your balls, or on a leash, whichever sounds better to you."

"They don't. They're family. They're my brothers. They don't hold anything over my head as a threat."

"Not like I'd know how that feels, or what that's like. All we demons do is look out for Number One: ourselves."

"I think you do know what it feels like, Meg. You just haven't realized it."

"Pft, that bunch of crazies in there, my family?" She sniggered. "I know you had a loony bin phase, Castiel, but you saying this when you're clear-minded is scary."

Cas's brows furrowed. "I mean it. It's a dysfunctional dynamic, sure, but it works. And really, what family isn't a little out there?"

"If this is your way of convincing me to hang around, it's not gonna work on me. I don't do feelings, I don't do sappy goodbyes. Any others tricks you've got up your sleeve won't work on me. Although, I wouldn't be opposed to have one of those said tricks be a kiss." She winked at him.

Cas cleared his throat.

"Come on, there's been this unspoken thing between us for some time. I'm well aware of it. You have to be, because you're sputtering right now like a school boy. Come on, Cas, let's go off into the sunset together. No worries, no saving the world ordeals. Just us moving some furniture and getting some food. How does that sound?" If I wear him down, I might just have a chance.

Cas was stoic, and for a minute, Meg thought her tactic was wearing off fast and she wasn't going to win him over. Her suspicion was right in the end.

"You can do what you want, I can't stop you," Cas told her quietly. "But I know you care about them. Jess, Jo, and Charlie. They would feel abandoned if you weren't there."

"Jo wouldn't give a flying rat's ass if I showed up or not. You forget, we're mortal enemies."

"Who put aside your differences and grudges to work together. Not-so-natural enemies, if you ask me."

"Would you restrain me if you wanted me to stay that bad, Clarence?" Meg raised a curious brow. "Would you chain me down, tie me up? Mm, I know it's not for bedroom-related purposes, but my imagination is going wild right now."

"I just said I wouldn't interfere with your decision, Meg," Cas barked at her. She was slightly aback by his tone.

"Am I pissing you off or are you getting a little flustered? Because if it's the latter, we can settle this someplace more private."

Meg's mind ran with all kinds of thoughts about her and Castiel, alone, in a room of their own. Her seducing him, their mouths together, his hands running all over her body...

Keep it together, woman. Don't jump his bones here and now, no matter how tempting it may be. You have will, use it. She couldn't believe she was withholding herself from taking Cas here and now. Hell, she didn't care if they slept together in the grass and dirt. In the heat of the moment, placement most times didn't matter; you were too wrapped up to really care.

"You don't have to leave now," Cas almost pleaded her. "Stay until sunrise. If it's the last time I may see you, I want to enjoy it."

"I'm not gonna die anytime soon, so stop acting like that's the case. But, since you almost begged, I'll stay a little bit longer. And you know as well as I do this won't be the last time we cross paths. We just can't seem to stay away from each other for very long."

**If y'all haven't realized at this point I love Megstiel, I'm disappointed. They were one of my favs until she was killed by Crowley. I'd like to think if things worked out better, Meg could have been around a lot longer. I'm not knocking Rachel's decision to write out Meg; when you gotta take care of yourself, you do. Things happen.**