Chapter Twenty One

"Oh my God, she's so adorable."

"I think we should kidnap her."

"I absolutely agree!"

Siara couldn't help but chuckled as she heard the chanting between Sarah and Stephanie in the living room of Nick's apartment. They came to Paris two weeks after she was giving birth to her daughter, Sabrina. Sarah was instantly fell in love with the baby. Even though Sarah knew the baby wasn't Nick's, she still considered Sabrina as one.

Siara poured down the water from the pot and added some sugar to the two cups of tea. As she tried to pick up the tray, her hand were touched by another warm sensation. She looked up to saw Nick beside her, smiling while touch her hand.

"Let me help you." Nick offered, "Just go to the living room first before our daughter were being snatched."

She laughed, "Oh, we'll make sure no one is mess up with our daughter."

Nick laughed too as he picked the tray from Siara's hand. 

She let Nick walked first to the living room and she followed. Since she agreed to become Nick's girlfriend, her lips was always smile. Her boyfriend was too care to her, but she let him. Part of her longing to be loved and that was he did. To loved and cherished her. The way every time he mentioned Sabrina as their daughter, brought joy to Siara's chest. Every time he mentioned it, he mean it with his heart. Since she was gave birth to Sabrina, Nick being a protective man. He didn't let Siara to do all the work alone. Anything, when he wasn't away from her, he would be there to help her. 

Nick didn't acted like a boyfriend, but more like a husband. The way he cared for her, the way he very attentive to Sabrina, it squeezed Siara's heart. This man before her was too good to be true. But there was tiny part of her heart, she couldn't let her heart fell in love with him.

She may be agreed to be his girlfriend. But not her heart. She knew it was wrong, but a part of her still yearn for Jonathan. That was how strong her love for him.

Siara pushed away that thought. It has been three months and she still couldn't move on from the man who used to be her fiance. The thing was not because she couldn't, but she didn't want to. No matter how hurt her heart was, there was always something to remind her about Jonathan, and that's Sabrina. She's got her father's green eyes.

But maybe, she thought, the reason why Nick always mentioned Sabrina as his daughter because he wanted to Siara knew that Sabrina was his no matter what and to kept her mind stay where she was right now, survived and with him.

As Nick put the tray on table, he heard Sarah said, "You sure you trust me enough to keep en eye on her? You know I'm capable of being bad right?"

Nick gave her a knowing look, "Oh, I know you very well Sarah, and I know you don't have a heart to kidnap my daughter."

"And that's the truth." She turn to Siara and gave her a sweet smile, "He knows me too much."

Siara laughed, "Well, at leasr I know my baby will be fine, for right now."

"Do you really have to go to Italy?" Sarah asked, "I mean it's okay if I stay here to look after them, but do you really have to?"

Nick stay silent as the question flew out from Sarah's mouth. He didn't want to honestly, but he really have to go today, that's why he asked Sarah and two of his other daughters to kept Siara company in Paris. He had a job to do.

Nick shook his head, "It's urgent."

"Well, be safe okay?" Siara said, "I don't want to worry much but I do."

He kissed her on the lips, "Of course, you don't have to worry. I'll be out for three day, four top."

"Make sure to bring souvenirs dad." Caroline chirped in from her room.

Everyone's chuckled by her out burst. Nick bid his goodbyes to the two women and three girls of his life. God, he really feel blessed. As he gone from his apartment, Sarah turn to looked at her best friend.

"I never seen him this happy." Sarah said.

"What do you mean?" She asked.

"Well, I mean he did once, when the girls was born. But since you agreed to be his girlfriend, it was like when the girls came out to this world. Pure happiness." Sarah replied.

Siara contemplating to answered back. The fact that Sarah known him for all of her life and the way she gave her that information made her felt guilty. It has been three months but her feelings towards Nick wasn't like when she was with Jonathan. Sure she like him, as a man.

But love?

Her heart is know better that she is still in love with someone else and she didn't want it to stop.

************************************

Lying to you significant other was a bad choice. The lie itself would ate your relationship alive. But Nick has no other choice. He couldn't tell Siara that he wasn't going to Italy and the reason why he had to go wasn't because his company. It was more personal. Someone demand his presence. And that someone was Jonathan.

The night Siara gave birth to Sabrina, he had several missed calls from Jonathan. When he called the man back, he requested for him to come to Manchaster. At first he didn't want to, says he had a lot of work. But the way his desperate voice and the pleading sound that he needed help, brought another guilt to his chest.

Nick not only lie to Siara about his journey to Manchaster, but also to Jonathan about his ex-fiancewas under his care all this time. But Nick was to selfish to help either of them. As much as how good was his friendship with Jonathan, he still angry with him because he hurt Siara in the most impossible way. He hurt the woman he love very much even when the woman wasn't going to choose him over Jonathan.

But he lied to Siara as well. What would she reacted if he told her the truth? That right now, he was on his way to Manchaster meeting the man which maybe Siara still in love with? Could Siara really forgive him?

But what's done is done. He couldn't turn back the time. He could only hope, everything would be gone smoothly.

The airport was busy as always. Nick had landed thirty minutes ago. But he hesitated to stepped out from the floor he stood for ten minutes. Maybe this was a bad idea to came in here. Maybe he could just buy a new ticket for going home and tried not to associate with Jonathan and his family anymore.

Nick has never been more hesitant in his life about this. This one was a simple choice, going in or going out. While his mind said to back out, his body especially his legs, made him swallowed his gut and stepped out from the airport.

The coolness of fall season attacked Nick's face. He had been told to wear something warm. His eyes scanned everything around him. Just then someone hit his shoulder lightly. Nick turned his head to finally face to face with the man he wished to avoid.

"It's good to see you, Nick." Jonathan greeted, "Welcome to Manchaster."