Chapter Thirteen

Siara was contemplating to knock on the door she was staring at for five minutes. She knew this was a bad idea. But she had no other plan than came here, seek out for help. After all, this house was the only place she could asked. She took a deep breath before knocked on the white door. She waited for it to open.

No answers.

Siara knocked it again. Not long after, the door came to opened. She smiled when a face she recognized greeted her. But not to the other woman. She looked surprised to saw Siara on her patio house, without told her first. She scanned her face then to the suitcase beside Siara. Something has happened.

"HI." Siara greeted.

The other woman nods, then hugged her, "Hi. I didn't know you will come here without telling me first."

"Yeah, I'm sorry." She answered with guilt in her face.

"Well, come on in." The other woman stepped aside so Siara could walked in. She closed the door then looked to Siara again, "Let's go to the dining room. Everyone's in there."

Siara could only nod, then followed her friend to the dining room. She could guessed her friend was having dinner with her family and she interrupted their time. As she stepped into the room, two not so little girls was glanced to her. The young one grinned widely to saw Siara, while the older one looked surprised but nevertheless gave her, her sweet smile. The young one jumped out from her seat then ran to hugged Siara. Without a doubt, Siara took her to her embrace.

"Siara!"

Siara smiled to the young girl, "Hello sweetie. How are you?"

"I'm fine." She answered excitedly, "How can I not know you'll be here?"

"It's a surprise Caroline." Her mother replied quickly, "For you sweetheart."

Caroline squealed in happiness, then she hugged Siara again. Of course, Siara accepted her. She fell in love with her the moment they met with their father for the first time. Caroline was a bubbly girl. She always expressed her emotion to someone she trusted and she trust Siara very well.

Then, Caroline urged Siara to sat in the dining room to having dinner with them. Siara wanted to declined, but she doesn't wanted to broke little girl's heart. She just wanted to curled up in bed and dried off her tears to sleep.

But Caroline's mother knew better that Siara wanted some time alone. The woman could saw the puffiness and how red her eyes from crying. She still doesn't know what happened to her best friend, but one thing for sure, she needed time right now.

"Caroline, honey, you know it's a very long journey to came here." The young girl's mother began, "Why don't you let Siara rest a little, and you can play with her tomorrow before your father came on the next day?"

"Aaawwww." Caroline pout.

"Tomorrow I promise okay?" Siara said with a winked.

Caroline could only nod. Siara then kissed her both on her cheek then hugged Caroline's sister, Stephanie, before their mother guided her to the only guest room Siara familiar with. She knew this house to well.

Both woman made their ways to the guest room. It was a simple bedroom. Everything was in white, the bed, the cupboard, the sofa, the nightstand, even the wall. It calm Siara a bit.

"You okay on your own?" She asked Siara.

She nodded, "Yes I'll be fine."

"If you need anything just call me okay?"

Siara nodded once again as she saw her best friend made her way out from her room. Before she really left, Siara said something, "Thank you Sarah, for everything. Please don't tell my family including Jonathan's."