Chapter Sixteen

Siara opened her eyes and was greeted by an empty bed beside her and a sun shined brightly from the big window. She squinted her eyes, blocked the sunray with her hand. She tried to got up. Then the duvet fall down from her chest. She realized her upper body was naked. Siara looked under the duvet, naked as well. Dear God, last night wasn't a dream.

She really had sex with Nicholas Brentley, her best friend. What's gotten into her?

Siara know she was stressed about her drama life. But she never thought she was that weak, that vulnerable. She was embarrassed with herself. Last night will not be repeated again. Siara groaned and hide her face in her hands. How will she face Nick now?

She looked at the surrounding. Then her eyes fell on Nick's shirt at the end of the bed. Sooner or later, she was going to face him. Might as well swallowed her pride, said her sorry, and leave from his apartment fast.

As she got up from the bed, she couldn't help but winced. Her pussy was damn sore. Siara still remembered how big Nick's size and she blushed by the thought. God, she know him and so does he to her. Siara picked up his shirt then wear it. His shirt end on her mid thigh.

She walked to the door, opened it, and was greeted by the smell of pancakes and coffee. Her favorite. Nick never forgot about her, anything about her. She walked slowly to the kitchen. In there she saw Nick was busying himself with preparing breakfast. She stared at his back, mesmerized by how care and affection he was to her. Not just this morning, but last night was too. He really takes good care of her. Maybe Nick was really the thing she needed to distracted herself from Jonathan.

Siara cleared her throat to got Nick's attention. The man turned his head then smiled to her. She smiled back. Siara approached him until she beside him. Now she could smell bacon and egg being served. When she looked up to him, he kissed her lips. Of course, Siara was stunned. That wasn't something she expected. Then Nick turn his attention back to his cooking.

"Morning beautiful. You hungry?" Nick asked as he put the bacon and egg on the plate.

"Um, err, yeah..." Siara couldn't form a word. She was still shocked.

He raised his eyebrow, "You okay?"

Siara wanted to said yes, but to be honest, she felt didn't. There was a blurred line now about their relationship. They were best friend but they crossed the line last night. Now she wasn't sure how to deal with him. It so confusing.

"Siara?"

"We need to talk," She blurted out, "About last night."

Siara heard Nick sighed as she looked away from her, "I knew this going to happen."

"Look, I'm really sorry." She began, "Last night shouldn't had happened, but it did anyway and I want to apologize. It was my weakest moment in my life. I assure you, this thing will never happen again."

This got Nick's full attention.

"In fact, I will get out of here and go somewhere else." Siara continued.

"Okay, now listen Siara-"

Siara shook her head, "No, it's okay, it's fine. I will be fine on my own."

As she moved her body to retreat from him, Nick held her in her place. She scoop her so she sat on the cold marble counter. With fast move, he spread her legs and stand between her. Siara eyes widened. She knew Nick was big enough, but she didn't think he would picked her up just like that.

"Are you still going to talk?"

Siara bit her lips and shook her head. Nick smiled again to her.

"Okay, now hear me out okay." He took a deep breath, "I know what we had last night was a mistake, but I'm not regret it Siara. Not one bit. Because it was the best night of life."

Siara looked shocked, "What are you... talking about? Didn't your wedding with Sarah was the best one? Or even have sex with her."

He chuckled, "With Sarah was nice, great even. But what I had with her was different. I know I loved her, but with you, it was different."

"You mean you're...?"

Nick nodded, "I love you Siara. I'm falling for you, hard. I'm still loving you and it will never change."

Siara couldn't form a single word. She never thought after all this time, since the accident on his office two years ago, Nick still love her. She didn't know how to respond to him, so she looked away. Nick touched her chin and brought her face to facing him again.

"Talk to me." He demand.

"I, uh... I don't know what to say." She cleared her throat, "I'm lost for words."

Nick smiled, "I really love you Siara."

"Nick..."

"That's all I'm going to say to you, okay? You don't have to answer it." He whispered, "I just wanted you to know."

Siara bit her lower lip once again. She made pattern with her finger to his broad chest. There was no other person in this world who could love someone better than Nick. Even after all this time, how she left him to chose Jonathan, got pregnant and engaged to him, Nick still loves her the same. What could possibly better than that?

Damn, it was true love. But Siara couldn't lie to herself. She was still love Jonathan and it took a long time to finally move on. As Nick could read her, he opened his mouth again.

"You don't need to answer Siara. Don't let my confession made you see me differently. Because I'm not. I just wanted you to know. I know you still love him and I'm not going to blame you. You just been hurt."

Siara sighed, "I'm really sorry."

He leaned in to her so their foreheads touch, "Don't Siara, just don't okay. But please, let me take care of you. Please stay with me Siara. I'm not asking you to have relationship with me. Just give me a chance to take care of you and your baby. That's all I'm asking for."

Nick pulled away from her a bit. She stared right to her eyes. He told her the honesty in his eyes. Maybe she needed this, she needed Nick in her life. Start a new one. They weren't having a lover relationship. But maybe with him, she could finally start all over again. With her baby which going to be born in just three months from now, she needed a safer place. Far away from Jonathan. And at the same time, only Nick could offered what she needed.

"You sure it's okay if I stay?" Siara asked.

He nodded, "More than anything Siara. I just want to take care of you. At least until your baby is born."

"Okay then. I guessed I could live with that." She smiled while stroke his cheek.

Nick snakes his arms to her waist, pulled her more closer to him. She put her hands both on his shoulder.

"Can I kiss you?"

Siara surprised to heard his question. Nick laughed to her expression, of course he was only kidding. He had than enough about last night. He won't force her to did that again until she asked for it. Although if he have to battling with his self, he would never broke her trust.

"Yes, you can." She replied.

This made Nick whipped his head and looked at her in the eye. There was no hint of joke on her answered. Without wasted any more time, he kissed her lips. God, it was so sweet.

"I love you Siara, so damn love you." was all Siara heard before moans and groans filled the air.