Chapter 70

Song For This Chapter - 

Lucy Hale - Loved

"It's the way you bring me coffee in the morning
And how you know just what not to say"

*Summer's POV*

The air in the room felt calming, thick enough to keep me in a haze of sleep, but thin enough that my breaths were calm and relaxing.

I remember changing the bed sheets just before we climbed into bed last night, so the material below us was crisp and warm.

I had to keep breathing though as the pains in my stomach were almost unbearable. Like a tiny dinosaur was chewing and clawing away at my insides. This could mean only one thing...

It was that time of the month again.

I snuggled further into Caspar's side, using the warmth of his body to sooth the cramps, each one bringing more pain and tears to my eyes.

"You okay, sweetheart?" Caspar's voice broke the silence as a whimper fell from my lips.

Slowly, I shook my head, squeezing my eyes shut wishing the world could just go away for a moment. 

"Period." I replied, curling into a small ball.

"Full stop." He spoke, a small laugh falling from his lips.

"Wait, wha- oh bloody hell Casp." I laughed, burying my face into a pillow.

"No, sweetheart, that's you right now."

"Oh my God, shut up!" I giggled, smacking him softly with my pillow.

Caspar's arm began to move softly up and down my back, drawing my attention away from the cramps and making them feel a little better. Deep chuckles were coming from his mouth, filling my ears with something other than my whimpers.

"I'm sorry, I'm sorry." He laughed, "Do you want me to get you anything?" 

 "A glass of water would be great." I replied.

A kiss was pressed to my head swiftly before Caspar untangled our limbs and went downstairs. My fingers played with the ring around my finger as a distraction device. A small smile crept onto my lips as I heard Caspar bustling about downstairs, my gaze fixed on the ring. It was so beautiful and the fact that it was also part of Olivia made it all the more special.

Caspar swiftly returned with a cup of coffee and a smile, placing the steaming mug on my bedside table before walking back out again.

My head was pounding and I could feel my skin starting to glisten with sweat - this wasn't normal. I usually just get cramps and a slight sick feeling, but this, this was a lot more. 

"Casp?" My voice croaked out, tears spilling out my from my eyes.

"Yeah?" He replied, popping his head in the door way.

"I don't - I don't feel so good." 

*Caspar's POV*

I watched in horror as Summer's eyes rolled into the back of her head, causing her body to become limp.

"Sum?!" I yelled, rushing over. "Shit Summer! Don't - don't pass out on me. Oh Jesus Christ!" 

My arms scooped her body out from underneath the covers, her skin burning up heavily. So many curse words ran through my head at once as I ran down the stairs, placing Summer gently on the sofa, in front of an open window. I quickly ran round the house, opening every single window and door, even though it was early February and still quite cold.