Chapter 13

* Summer's POV * 

Urgh stupid Britain. Getting me so used to the cold and rain that as soon as I get to America I get heat stroke. It also meant I had to go to bed early, missing out on all the fun of the first night.  But luckily, Alfie had stayed with me until I fell asleep. He was so sweet towards me and that really wasn't helping my developing crush. I looked over to the bedside table and saw the clock said 5:38am. Great. Since I'd fallen asleep so early and all that jet lag rubbish, I was now wide awake. Just beyond the clock, I could see a glimpse of Alfie's sleeping face poking out from under his covers. He was so cute it actually hurt to look at him. 

I played on my phone for a few hours, trying to pass the time. The next time I looked at the clock it was almost 8:30am. Alfie should be up soon. I knew he would hog the bathroom so I decided to jump out of bed and head to the shower. I slipped out of the covers and made my way into the bathroom, locking the door as it shut. I stretched my arms and legs out making a baby dinosaur noise as I went. I then removed my pyjamas and waited for the water to warm up. I hated cold showers, they always made me uncomfortable. Once it was ready, I stepped inside and let the warmth of the water roll down my body, relaxing my muscles. I squirted some of my blueberry scented shampoo onto my hand and massaged it into my hair. God that shampoo smells amazing. I had the matching conditioner which I applied to my hair once the shampoo had rinsed. I then stood for around 15mins just standing in the now steamy container letting the waves encase my skin. 

*knock knock* 

"Summer, how long have you been in there?" Alfie's voice called from the other side of the bathroom.

"Urrrm around 20 minutes." I replied honestly.

"Don't you think you should get out now?" 

"Not really no." I cheekily replied, waiting to hear his reaction.

"Summeeeeeeeeer pleaaaaase. I need to pee!" 

I giggled at his childish begging. I decided not to torture him and climbed out of the shower, grabbing my towel and wrapping it around my body. He knocked again.

"Summeeeeer!" he whined.

"PATIENCE YOUNG GRASSHOPPER. You don't want me to come out naked do you?" I yelled back.

"Weeeell, it wouldn't be a bad thing." he replied.

"ALFIE!" My cheeks were now flushing red. I can't believe he just said that.

"I'm joking!" he laughed, "now let me in!" I secured the towel under my armpits, grabbed the smaller one for my hair and opened the door. I had no time to react as Alfie came flying past me, slamming the door. I stepped away from the door, not wanting to hear him pee. But unfortunately I did catch his sigh of relief. You know, the one you do when you've been holding it in for so long? I cringed at the sound and bent over to shake my wet hair out and wrap it in the smaller towel I was still holding. The sound of the bathroom door opening suddenly reminded me that I was stood here in just a towel in front of Alfie.

"Feel better?" I asked, trying not to make it awkward.

"I really really do yes." he replied. I laughed at him and he pouted his lips. "Don't laugh at me." 

"Oh no...don't give me...do NOT give me the puppy dog face." I said, raising my arms up to push him away. 

"Stop laughing or I'll pull the towel." I immediately stopped. 

"You wouldn't." I said, gripping it tighter to my body.

"Try me." he said and lunged for me. I skidded out of the way screaming.