Chapter 65

There are a few songs I listened to whilst writing this chapter, but here are my favourites. :3

A Great Big World feat. Christina Aguilera - Say Something

Troye Sivan - The Fault In Our Stars

Evanescence - My Immortal

Alter Bridge - In Loving Memory (One of my all time favourites that I feel really connects with the chapter)

Ben Cocks feat. Nikisha Reyes-Pile - So Cold

"It's so quiet here,

And I feel so cold,

This house no longer,

Feels like home."

His lips pressed to mine softly, only making me crave more. My fingers curled into his hair as we kissed, the slight roughness to his lips contrasting with the silky lip balm on mine. Although our kiss was cut short by the ringing of my phone.

"Ignore it." Caspar spoke against my neck as I turned my head to see who was calling. 

"I can't." I sighed, picking it up and pressing answer.

Although I wish I never did. As it was the phone call that turned my whole life upside down. 

*One Week Later*

People walked past in a blur of blackness. Each blurry shadow representing a life that had felt pain. Had felt happiness. Had felt despair. Had felt numb. A dull ache inside of my body stung as strangers touched my arm softly, informing me of their deepest regrets. But I didn't care about them. I didn't want them around me. All I cared about was what was in front of me and what can no longer be. 

Flowers were arranged neatly in patterns around the wooden box. All shades of blue and white masking the darkness of the object. It was an object blocking me from the most important thing in my life. The one thing I had that kept me strong through everything. 

Olivia.

She was gone. My sister was dead. The light that once shone in the sky was now gone too. A misty chill engulfed the sun making the sky was grey. An accurate representation of how I felt. 

Her brain had failed, sending her body into a state of shock and finally death. 

I bit my lip to encase a scream that was threatening to escape as they lowered the coffin into the ground. I'm not ready. I don't want to say goodbye. It's not fair. My fingers gripped onto the nearest thing I could find. A sleeve. I held on tight, not caring who's it was. 

The image in front of me soon became blurred. A strangled sob escaping my throat, causing an arm to fly around my shoulders pulling me in. 

"No." I whispered.

My face was buried into the chest of a recognisable scent. He was here. I still hated him, but he was here. And that's all I needed from him right now. 

"It's okay." Marcus spoke softly.

His fingers were tangled into my hair at the front of my bun, stroking softly. The light touched calmed my headache, but the fire inside heart still burned. 

"We commit this body to the ground, earth to earth, ashes to ashes, dust to dust." The priests words were muffled as I stepped forward.

My legs were shaky beneath me, but I kept them strong. The air stayed silent as I bent down, a pile of dirt being held in my hand.