Chapter 50

Song For This Chapter -

You Me At Six - Crash

"Just crash, fall down, I'll wrap my arms around you now."

*Caspar's POV*

Her body shook in my hold as I carried her across the hospital car park, to where the car was extremely messily parked. I had failed to park properly as I jumped in the car as soon as I got the phone call from Marcus explaining the situation. Summer's breathing rate had slowed right down, signalling to me that she was asleep. Every day over the past few days had been such a rush, I can't imagine what's going through her head right now. 

My hand dug awkwardly around in my pocket for a few seconds before I pulled out the car keys, laying Summer down on the backseat, strapping her in. I pressed a kiss to her forehead before shutting the door and walking round to the drivers seat.  

The drive home was quiet. Only the sound of Summer's soft snores could be heard in the car. I pulled into the driveway, I stopped the car but did not move. Sighing, I ran a hand through my hair. How did we get to this?

Summer, the once strong, beautiful, confident girl, was now curled up in my backseat, weak and broken. She didn't deserve this, no one deserves this. I slammed my hands down in the steering wheel in anger before climbing out of the car, bringing Summer into my arms and carrying her into the house with me. 

The house was eerily quiet as Alfie was out with Zoe. Mentally, I thanked whoever it was who had made us all live so close together. I slipped my shoes off by the door and then continued up the stairs, a midly aware Summer in my arms. She stirred a little as her body bounced softly in my arms up the steps. A small moan fell from her lips as her eyelids began to flutter open.

"No..shh...shh...go back to sleep angel." I whispered, her now dull green eyes looking up at me. 

She scrunched her face up in the most adorable way, her nose crinkling. Slowly, she began returning to her sleeping state as I reached the last step. Thank God my sister and Andrew had gone to a hotel for the night as I would not have been able to handle them and I definately don't think Summer would have. 

I finally reached the bedroom, feeling my way round the dark walls before reaching the bed. I softly placed her onto the mattress. She immediately curled into a tight little ball, her snores returning. I couldn't help the chuckle that fell out of my mouth as I covered her with the duvet, removing my own clothes down to my underwear and climbing in with her. 

My arm slipped over her waist, the coldness of her body contrasting my own, and brought her tight into my chest. Whatever happens, whether Olivia improves or....well, doesn't, whatever happens, I will never ever let Summer brake anymore. No matter what. 

Those were the last thoughts in my head before I fell asleep.

Summer.

------------------------------------------------

A loud groan left my lips as I was woken by the front door shutting. I sat up, rubbing my eyes. I took me a few minutes to come to my senses and piece together the situation. Wait...why was the front door being closed? Who's here? Or more importantly...who's not here? 

I shifted my gaze over to the other side of the bed, which as I supsected, was empty.

"Shit!" I cursed aloud. Where the hell was she? The house was pitch black meaning she was no longer in the house, she had left. Where the hell would she go?