Chapter 56

Song For This Chapter -

Secondhand Serenade - Your Call

"I am feeling so ambitious, you and me, flesh to flesh
Cause every breath that you will take
When you are sitting next to me
Will bring life into my deepest hopes"

*Summer's POV*

"Are you sure you don't want us to book a hotel? I don't want to intrude..." Caspar spoke with his phone clasped tight to his ear. 

His feet were pacing the floor of the bedroom as I sat on the bed, squishing my clothes into a suitcase. We were leaving for South Africa tomorrow for Theo's wedding and it irritated me that I was not prepared. I was one of those people that had to be packed for something weeks before it happened. But this trip had been sprung onto me so quickly, tonight was the only chance I had to pack. 

"Alright Theo, I guess I'll see you tomorrow then." Caspar chuckled, biting his nail as he walked. "Okay, yeah that's cool. Oh Summer? She's right here...you want to talk to her? Okay then."

He handed the phone to me as I gave him a skeptical look.

"It's about the dresses." He whispered.

I took the phone from his hands, swapping places so that I was now pacing and Caspar was attempting to fit all of my clothes into the suitcase.

"Hey Theo." I spoke through the phone.

"Summer! Hi!" The smile was evident in her voice.

"Is everything alright?" I asked.

"Oh yeah, yeah everything's fine. I just wanted to make sure you didn't buy a dress for the wedding. I have the perfect one here for you."

"Are you sure? I don't think-"

"Summer. Don't be stubborn, this dress will look perfect on you. I've never worn it and I probably never will." She spoke, her tone pleading.

My feet padded up and down on the floor as eyes flitted over to Caspar, where he was watching me intently.

"Are you sure it will fit?" I asked, picturing my body next to Theo's slender frame.

"I'm sure." She laughed. "And if it doesn't, me and you can go on a little bonding shopping trip. I'd like to get to know my brother's girlfriend a bit better."

"Okay Theo, thanks." I laughed, sitting down on the end of the bed.

"You're welcome! Now hand me back to Caspar, I need to discuss his attire." Her voice chimed.

Immediately, I handed the phone back to Caspar, placing myself between his legs so I could continue packing. His hand reached out squeezing my hip softly from behind. 

"Alright Theo. Okay. I said okay! Stop stressing woman, it'll be fine!" He laughed down the phone, his voice sending shivers down my spine. "Alright, I love you too. Bye."

"My sister is such a control freak." He sighed, leaning his chin on my shoulder.

"She's excited Casp. A girl's wedding day is the most stressful and exciting day of her life." I giggled as his lips began dotting soft kisses along my neck. 

"What if we got married?"

My heart stopped. Was he seriously thinking about marriage right now? We'd only been dating a few months what-

"I'm not asking you to marry me...God no. Not yet. I mean...I-I was just wondering." He blabbed, his lips freezing on my neck. He must have noticed my sudden change in demeanour.