Chapter 10

* Caspar's POV* 

I must say, I was a little disappointed when Marcus said he didn't trust me around Summer. I mean, we'd spent the whole flight together, I took care of her when she was scared and then comforted her. Did that not mean anything? And Summer didn't even protest. She seemed excited to go with Alfie, which is making me think she definitely does fancy him. Ew I hate that word. 'fancy'. It sounds so childish. But I thought she would at least slightly defend me, but no. Then Marcus was telling Alfie not to 'try anything funny', but I'm sure Summer would enjoy that. Urgh. Why do I do this? I always get too attached to people and end up getting pissed off and losing them. No. I'm not going to lose Summer. I'm not going to let myself. 

I got changed and left the room whilst Marcus was in the shower. "I'll be back soon!" I yelled, leaving him to his own devices. I walked through the hallway with a banging headache. Damn jet lag. I pushed the lift button and hopped from one foot to the other, not able to stay still. 

"Come on come on come on." I chanted over and over again until the familiar ding sounded and the doors slid open. I stumbled inside, desperately pushing the button to the floor below repeatedly, so no one else could get in with me, I wasn't in the mood to talk to anyone else. The doors shut and I released a sigh of relief. The lift wobbled, slightly worryingly as it took me to the one person I wanted to talk to's floor. 

The walk towards the door was daunting. 

"36...37...38...ah 39!" I counted and stopped outside door number 39. I sucked in a deep breath, raised my fist and let it fall, knocking. I heard a feminine voice shout;

"Coming!"  and I lowered my fist and waited. Footsteps were coming closer as my heart pounded, the door handle shaking. The door swung open.

"Caspar what are you doing here?" she asked. I grabbed her wrist and pulled her back inside.

"I need to talk to you Zoe." 

-----------------------------------------------------

*Summer's POV*

"SO HE ACTUALLY MADE YOU DRINK THE RAW EGG? OH MY GOSH." I grabbed the sides of my stomach, laughing hard. "And you actually did it?!" Alfie, who was also laughing nodded along, telling me how he had sent Caspar's mum a dirty text earlier and Caspar made him drink raw egg. 

"It was gross."

"Sounds it. Oh my God, you're both idiots." We were both sat, cross legged, facing each other on Alfie's bed. We had been talking for around and hour or so. My stomach was burning from laughing so much, Alfie was actually hilarious! I flopped backwards onto my back, releasing the last of my giggles. The bed shifted a bit as Alfie appearing above me, resting one knee either side of my body.

"Alfie...what are you doing?" I asked. He said nothing, but raised his hands, brought them down to my sides and began...tickling me! I hated it when people tickled me! I began thrashing around on the bed whilst he continued to attack my sides. 

"ALFIE. *laugh* ALFIE PLEASE. *laugh* STOP PLEASE. *laugh* OH MY GOD." he was still on top of me, finding my struggle hilarious. 

"ALFIE PLEASE STOP, IT HURTS." he finally stopped, both of us heavily breathing. His brown eyes holding my green ones prisoner. His face was slowly getting closer to mine, his gaze releasing my and flickering to my lips. He was lowering himself closer and closer. Oh my gosh. Is he going to...no he can't be. But is he? Oh my God. Do I actually want this to happen? Yes I do. But...

I swiftly turned my head to the side as our lips had almost connected.

"Maybe we should go find the others and do some exploring?" I asked, in an attempted to remove the awkwardness that was now filling the room. Alfie coughed.

"Yeah, er, that sounds good." He smiled and quickly climbed off of me and over to his shoes. I breathed out heavily and pulled myself up. Alfie was bent over, tying his laces, when I strolled over and bashed my hip against his.

"Race ya?" I winked. 

"Oh it's on Butler."

"Ready?" we both lined ourselves up and crouched into the starting position.

"3....2....1....GO!" he yelled as we both sprinted towards the door. Only for it to be opened by Marcus, both Alfie and I went toppling into him, all landing on the floor in the hallway. 

"OUCH, WHAT THE HELL YOU TWO?!" Marcus groaned. I pushed myself up onto my bum and looked over to Alfie. He looked back and we both burst out laughing, again. 

"Oh my God. Please don't make me laugh again!" Alfie said.

"I CAN'T HELP IT. OH GOD SORRY MARCUS." I laughed. Marcus jumped up onto his feet, offering his hand out to me. I took it and he pulled me up. 

"Thanks." I said. Alfie had gotten himself up.

"So would anyone care to explain what you were doing?" he asked, eyebrows raised.

"We were having a race!" I smiled. 

"A race? In the middle of a hotel? Really?" he looked over to Alfie.

"Yup." he said, lips popping on the 'p'. 

"You two are so weird..." Marcus said. Me and Alfie both pulled a funny face at him as he chuckled. "Right, well I was just coming to see if you two wanted to come to iHop for a kind of breakfast slash lunch kind of thing?"

"Oh you mean brunch?" I replied. 

"Urgh, technicalities." he turned and began walking away. "Are you two coming or not?" He yelled over his shoulder. We ran to catch up, just as the elevator opened, revealing Zoe, Louise and Caspar. 

"Hiii!" I waved. 

"Hey Sum!" Louise said, bouncing over to hug me. Caspar and Zoe looked a little awkward. 

"Is everything okay you two?" Alfie asked, voicing the thoughts in my head. They both immediately straightened up and smiled.

"Yeah, everything's good!" Zoe smiled and came over to give me a hug. 

"Enough of whatever this is, I NEED FOOD. LETS GO." Alfie said and grabbed my arm to pull me into the lift. I tripped over my own feet and fell straight into none other than Caspar Lee. He flung his arms out to steady me.

"Thanks." I said quietly, cheeks slowly flushing red. 

"You're very welcome." He said, softly chuckling. 

--------------------------------------------------------

I'M BAAACK.

HEY GUYS! Sorry for taking forever!

I'm on my second day of work experience and I'M GENUINELY LOVING IT! I'm at a primary school near my house and the kids are actually adorable!

Anyway, thank you for being patient! 

I LOVE YOU ALL. I need to come up with a nickname for you lot...tweet me/leave a comment giving me ideas :3

BYE. 

- Jazz - x

Twitter: @JazzDrewHoney

Instagram: @thefaultinourstyles