Chapter 53

Song For This Chapter -

Olly Murs - Tell The World

"I’m headed for the top
Dodging all the rocks
Till I hit the clear blue sky"

*Caspar's POV*

Summer was quiet the whole of the journey in the car. The only way I knew she was still here was her hand clutched tightly in mine, resting on her knee. She'd been through hell the last few weeks, each day waiting. Waiting for the news that her sister was awake, that Olivia was fine, but that news never came. 

The weather was starting to become colder as we were in autumn now, the summer months drifted away like dust. Everything that had happened in those 2 months felt like they were ages ago, but the pain still remained. 

Each day, Summer had become stronger, more hopeful of Olivia's survival. But there were still times when she faltered, when the light dimmed from her eyes in fear. It was those times that we were closer than ever. Her shaking body, wrapped in my arms. In those moments, we only relied on each other's strength. 

Summer was beginning to grow closer to her father, but still kept her distance from her mother. Often arguments would still break out between them, accusations and harsh words being thrown from both sides. I knew that she didn't want to have to rely on her parents, but there was still a young girl inside of her, wishing that they were a part of her life again. Her stubborn nature just wouldn't allow that. 

"Everything okay?" I asked, turning to her as I switched the engine off.

"Yeah." she half smiled. "Just thinking." 

"About what?" Pulling her hips, I lifted her over the centre console and placed her onto my lap, her legs straddling me as she giggled.

"About You and me." Her hand curled into the back of my hair as I attacked her neck with slow, sloppy kisses.

"What about you and me?" I mumbled into her neck, my fingertips digging into her hips.

"People've been tweeting. I think they're putting two and two together. Maybe we should tell the viewers about us." She replied, moving my head back and replacing her neck with her lips. 

I pulled back, a sigh emitting from my lips.

"Don't you think you have enough on your plate? I don't want things to get too much for you." My hands rubbed up and down on her hips, her jumper had risen up, revealing her soft, still tanned skin.

"Caspar, I'm not that weak little girl anymore. If people send me hate, I don't care. I love you and I don't want to keep having to hide." She pressed tiny kisses over my face, the last one ending on my nose.

"Are you sure?" I asked, scrunching my nose up as she kissed it.

"You're cute when you do that." she laughed, her eyes crinkling as she smiled.

"Stop avoiding the subject, Butler. Are you sure you want to do this?" I laughed, squeezing her hips.

Taking a deep breath, she mumbled her reply into my lips. "I'm sure."

"Then it's settled. We'll make a video later." I smiled. "But first..." 

I never finished my sentence as I lent the car seat back, flipping us over so she was beneath us. She let out as squeal as her back landed on the seat, her eyes shining in excitement as my lips returned to their rightful place on hers.

------------------------------------------------------

"Well that was romantic." she chuckled, throwing her bag down onto my sofa.