DIE ANOTHER DEATH:-THE UNDERWORLD RELOCATED [8]

ENJOY READING THIS LATEST INSTALLMENT OF MY STORY. AND DON'T FORGET TO COMMENT / VOTE IF YOU LIKE IT !!!  SO...........READ ON !!! ;-D

                                   CHAPTER 8:-  

                                  ===========

          Incisive. Astute. Dignified. Mysterious. Charismatic. My saviour. I had a plethora of adjectives to describe this gentleman, so impeccably dressed in a silver-grey shirt that complimented his hair, with its high collar turned up, and a pair of black denims, his feet sporting square-cut leather shoes polished to shine like a mirror noir. All he was missing was a waistcoat, a coat/suit jacket and a hat to complete his attire.

           As I drew abreast of him, I noticed his facial features. A weather-beaten but ruggedly handsome face stared ahead at the two remaining vampires. His face, though pallid, had so many shadows that I wondered if he was wearing make-up. His whole profile was a study in authority, determination, reflexive alacrity and an exudation of raw controlled power.

           "Stay back," he said in his baritone voice. My assessment was interrupted.

           But then I couldn't believe my eyes. This must have been an optical illusion or a trick of the muted lighting. What is going on?

           When the silver-haired guy opened his mouth to warn me, I noticed the tips of his lustrous canines that overhung his lower lips.

           This person was a vampire as well!

           I backed away from him, totally unsure whether to run or to stand my ground, considering that this person had not harmed me, but instead had saved my neck from getting punctured.

           There were whooshing sounds and somebody flew down from nearby trees, landing on their feet, beside the silver vampire, on either side. I stared in awe at these two marvels of nature.

            To the left stood a gothic chick, a stunning figure clad in dark leather, the delicate angles of her face and her magnificent curves enchanting my eyes. Her amber eyes had an intense look in them. Her lush chocolate brown hair was tied up in a bunch behind her head. Her creamy white skin was in stark contrast to her black garb. She was wearing knee boots with medium heels and bore a deadly guardless shashka with a gold encrusted pommel.

           The young damsel to the right was no less a beauty than the other. An elegant face with a beautiful curved nose and sensuous lips, glossy golden brown tresses that were held up in a fashionable bun on top of her head and passive hazel eyes that seemed to hide their true impetuous nature formed her main features. Unlike the goth babe, she wore a pine green pullover and sky blue jeans, and a pair of comfortable Adidas sports shoes covered her feet. She had a tachi sword hanging by her hip- a sword with a larger curvature and as sharp as any other.

            I took turns to gaze at these fabulous bombshells. Where have they come from? Why had I not met them earlier? My eyes glazed over, trying to keep them open and view the girls without batting an eyelash. Yeah, couldn't help it.......their beauty had enamoured me!

            I had just about stopped admiring their beauty when a nondescript olive-green van squealed to a stop farther down the street behind us. As I turned to look, the doors opened and about half a dozen people bundled out. They all carried a strange assortment of weapons- long wooden stakes sharpened to such an extent that they could be driven into walls, swords and axes with the blades made of what I suspected to be silver, and a couple of them had big assault rifles slung over their shoulders, which were secondary weapons, by the look of it. They came up behind us and stood several paces off, perhaps awaiting orders. Their eyes darted everywhere and they were constantly on the lookout. They did not seem to possess the self assurance and confidence so evident in the three persons standing in the fore. I could detect a general feeling of fear, something akin to my own feelings.