49 { I S A B E L L E } •

<><><>

<><><>

Now

"Can't sleep?" I asked as I walked out onto the porch. Somehow, Kai had managed to stand the freezing cold, I never could really. I guess he was just warm blooded.

"I'll get used to it, it's just the prison world",

"Yeah, I couldn't sleep either. Thankfully, I had Lily" I added, walking to his side with our hands barely skimming over each other's.
"Mal-" I breathed out, "- we're not gonna be like we were. The least you could do is have a civilised conversation with me. We have history-",

"A history I would rather forget" he interrupted with a smirk painting his face. With that, my heart hammered against my chest, causing a pain to resonate throughout my body. I never knew him to be so closed off, it was so unlike him.

"Then, let's not talk about the past... Is the internet any good?" I questioned while keeping my eyes fixed on the northern lights above us.

"Yeah, phones are so big now, not like what we used to have. Like, they're huge, flat rectangles. And people live and breathe the internet, I got this thing called twitter. And I told Liv about it and you can see celebrities tweet the the funniest things",

"You met Liv?",

His whole body then froze.

"Yeah, she probably hates me now after merging with Luke" he announced with a look of guilt glazing over his ice-blue eyes. This wasn't the first time I had seen Mal like this. However, it was weird to think he had empathy toward other people.
I knew with the merge people changed and adopted traits of their twin. But, I never knew to this extent.

"So... You're the Gemini coven leader",

"Yep, that's me. And I'm like, mega-powerful now" he chuckled.

"Sounds nice, to get out, see everything",

"What are you talking about? You went back in time Belle" he exclaimed in awe before finally turning to me. His breath seemed to catch in his throat when his eyes landed on my form. It's like he was taking me in after hundreds of years alone, like I was the only person he had ever seen.

"Yeah, but you managed to age, to change. Look, you have a beard now!",

"I think it suits me. Makes me look mature",

"It does, sad to say you're character isn't" I giggled with a slight nudge with my elbow.

"You're still young... Once you get out, what're you going to do?" He queried before rocking back and forth on his feet lightly. Yep, he was nervous. Malachai Parker was now scared.

"Honestly-" I sighed, "I don't know".

__________
Comment and vote
xxx
__________