41 { K A I } •

<><><>

<><><>

Now

"Can't believe Bonnie made it out...
Actually, I can, She's plucky" I announced while I fiddled with Isabelle's camera. Damon was hell bent on proving Bonnie and I wrong however, I knew the camera couldn't lie. Momma Salvatore was on that recording... Along with Isabelle.
And as he continued to hack at the wooden coffin, I offered a helping hand, as they would call it.

"Hey, do you need help?-" I asked as Damon continued to jab at his mothers coffin with a crowbar.
"- Wait... Before you answer that, I'd rather not. I just keep experiencing these pangs of guilt watching you...
Feelings are hard",

"So is the end of this crowbar" Damon bit back. And I could see the frustration painting his face once he turned to me.

"I'm just saying, digging up mommy's grave? It's dark, even for me. And totally unnecessary. Damon,
Bonnie saw her alive in a 1903 prison world. It's on camera-" I said while shaking it,
"- You want to watch it again?".

Suddenly, as I was to open it, happy to annoy Damon and see my girl again. He snatched it from my hands before continuing his words in complete denial.

"My mother died of consumption in 1858. That was your girl, Belle or whatever her name is. And we didn't move this to the family crypt only to find out she's not even in there".

"Oh, so you called me here just to help me? Needed a friend? No.... You wanted to know if she could exist in another prison world. To which I responded yes. To which you responded with denial" I announced while my body was still buzzing at the news. Isabelle was alive. She was in a 1903 prison world. And once I see her, I'll happily drive a knife through her heart. If Luke will let me. I didn't want to repeat what happened with Liv.

"Whatever or whoever is on that tape- it's not her".

"Then who is it? There was Belle and then there was another person",

"I don't know. A ghost? Maybe another physcho. Maybe she had an evil Gemini twin",

"Nice",

"If she was imprisoned in 1903. She'd be in her 70s" Damon reinforced, keeping on with his inability to face the truth. It was quite depressing really.

"Well, not if she were like you",

"I know my mother-" he snapped as he whipped around,
"- she's not a vampire. She's not in a prison world. She died of consumption in 1858".

With that, the crowbar clambered against the stone floor of the crypt after he threw it to the ground.
And I watched from the side lines as he readied himself for what I already knew and what he was trying to avoid.

"If you're so sure of that, why haven't you opened the coffin yet?" I questioned while he stared down at the wooden coffin. When he did, he was met with the dirt and dust that had built up over the years. Like always, I was right.

"Congratulations. Everything you know about your mom is wrong" and with a pat on the shoulder, I left him to wallow in his own self pity. All I knew, all I needed to know was that Isabelle was alive and I would see her soon.
She would be here and then she'll be dead.

__________
Comment and vote
xxx
__________