47 { I S A B E L L E } •

<><><>

<><><>

Now

My eyes opened with weights pressing down on my blue orbs. However, nothing could hurt as much as the heat enveloping my right hand. It wasn't searing hot but a white pain that gave me an odd pleasure.

When I groggily awoke, I expected Mal. Yet, he wasn't beside me. Instead, it was Nora, and Malcolm was holding my hand tightly as he pressed my knuckles to his lips.
Strangely enough, a worry glazed his grey eyes and I couldn't help but offer him a calming smile.
I had to watch his face light up with a curl of his lips before he called our friends to my side.

"Hello..." I manage to choke out while I carefully rose from the cushioned seat. At that Malcolm assisted me as if I was a porcelain doll.

"Yes, you're Isabelle, correct?" Valerie questioned.

"That's me",

"Good-" Malcolm began, "- I don't think there is any way to repay you" he continued with a hint of mischief coating his softening voice.

"Yeah.... That's not going to happen" Malachai suddenly spoke up, to then find myself trapped in his grip as he stormed through the house and outside. Unlike Malcolm's, his hand felt cold and different than before. He also had stubble... He looked older. In the prison world it was quite easy to forget our six year age gap. But, with him out in the real world and coming back, I can easily pick out so many differences.

And with his man-handling of me, I leave him like I normally used to. It ensured I wouldn't be harmed in previous circumstances.

"Malachai, Mala- Mal... Answer me... Kai!" At the name he prefers, he turned in my direction.
His eyes were blazing and his features were tense with the look of me.

"What was that? You into half dead vampires now?" He questioned sardonically, with his lips curling into a dark smirk.

"What are- Wait...
Are you jealous?",

"Wha- No, no, I'm not jealous" he suddenly spat out with a few shakes of his head.

"You are. What happened Malachai? I thought you would come for me, why didn't you come find me?..."

The world was quiet. And so was my mind. The questions being asked seemed to halt at the answer.
The problem with the man before me, was that he was unpredictable.
Maybe that's what attracted my adolescent mind. However, even now, with me as a thirty-four year old woman... I still managed to feel for him.

"The thing is Isabelle...-" he began with a sigh "- I didn't come for you because I didn't want you back... I mean, who wants a toy once it's broken?".

__________
Comment and vote
xxx
__________