34 { I S A B E L L E } •

<><><>

<><><>

Then

Slowly, I came back. Silent as the world around us. I could see how he looked down on me and how his blue eyes suddenly became soft. He would visit, join me in the quiet or destroy it completely. He would see me now and again, wandering the streets, sitting on a park bench, on the swings, in the trees.

I would hardly be wearing anything or covered head to toe. No one was there to see, no appearance was forced to be kept. I was naked from the inside out and vulnerability was a friend rather than the stranger it used to be.

Malachai and I, we played hide and seek unlike anyone else. He was to seek and I was to hide. However, while he searched, I never hid. I was either in plain sight or just at the wrong place at the wrong time. The relationship we had was complicated. I guess after a time, we just needed space, like what people have in the real world, just farther apart and alone. All alone wasn't something I could cope with unlike Mal. It was wondrous how he could just stumble upon me and be completely normal.
When I, on the other hand, could barely handle the whisper of earth let alone the sound of my own broken voice.

Once we sat on a park bench, watching out across the reflective surface of a pond, his light aura brightened my spirits. Nevertheless, the water was still dark and we couldn't see the bottom. Most things were like that. And when we sat together, he idly threw pieces of bread into the empty water.
There were no ducks and I think at one point I forgot there were such things.

"I wonder what the world's doing" Mal suddenly spoke up.

I silently turned my head to listen to him speak, even in my mute state, I didn't find Malachai to be any less amusing.

"Technology has probably advanced like, a lot-" he said, emphasising on the last two words.
"- imagine if they've cured cancer. Then I would be proud of humanity. But, right now, I guess it's still piece of shit. And I know what you're thinking-".

But we have humanity.

"- but we have humanity. Here's the thing though. Why are we in here if we have humanity? I guess we're just more shitty than most people. Right?-" Malachai paused for my made up answer in his head, he normally did this, talked as if I was replying.
"- Well, I wouldn't say you're a shit person. I just dragged you along with me... You're not a bad person Belle... See, I just called you Belle. Aren't you going to say something Belle? You hate the name Belle. Come on Belles, common little belly"...

Kai sighed in defeat.

"Well-" he rubbed his hands on his jeans, "- This was fun, guess'll see you next week or whenever you know, wanna pop up".

With that, he kissed my cheek softly, then my forehead, then my lips, barely skimming his over them. Before he left.

__________
Comment and vote
xxx
__________