43 { I S A B E L L E } •

<><><>

<><><>

Now

"Damon?" Lily spoke up, as a man and woman stood idly talking in the sitting room.
The man with the ebony hair froze at her voice and I could only suspect that was Damon. By now, Lily must've believed me. Plus, this meant that Malachai could be nearby or waiting for me.
Lily and I were holding wood for the fire when he turned in our direction, his expression awestruck while the brunette behind him looked excited. Quite the opposite of Lily's son.

"Hello, Mother" he greeted, drawing his words out like a seductive introduction. However, Lily was wide eyes, unable to fully fathom him being before her.

<><><>

Once we had dressed down from our warm clothing due to the heat of the flames. I sat beside Elena while we both watched the mother and son interact.
As they spoke, a wild anticipation brewed in my stomach. This was a definite chance to get out of the 1903 prison world.

"There was time I marked days on the calendar-" Lily spoke as she retrieved the pot from the fireplace,
"- I gave up after a few years... but, judging by your bizarre attire...",

"You've been in here for over a century" Elena announced, seeming more open to the Mother vampire as she prepared the tea.

"I would've come by sooner... But, I thought you were safe and sound in the family crypt, my bad" Damon added, his voice sardonic as he did so.

"Well Technically, I did die in 1858... After a nurse in the TB ward fed me vampire blood" she announced,

"And you never thought to stop by and clear things up?" Her son questioned. At that, all eyes were dragged towards Damon.
The snarky comment took Lily aback, and I could just see her hopelessness in my words while she sent her green orbs my way, before ultimately turning and putting the pot back.

"How did you end up here, Mrs. Salvatore?" Elena interrupted. She thankfully broke the awkward silence that I dreaded.

"Mrs. Salvatore?" Damon asked in a whisper.

"I don't know what to call her" she shot back.

"Just call her Lily" I smiled, causing their eyes to shoot my way. It's like they forgot my existence for a second. However, once Lily sat down, she proceeded to tell her story.
For some reason, I couldn't shake the feeling that something bad was going to happen. Yet, I stayed still and watched from the sidelines as the two vampires assessed (who I would call) my mother.

"It was October 31st, 1903-" Lily began while making the tea. After that, I drifted from her story, knowing full well how it ended.

During the time she held their attention. I watched the snow fall outside the window. I was secretly hoping Mal would run through the white plain and just hold me. I had missed him, and I hope he had missed me too, that he knew my leaving him was not my choice.

"It's called prison. You must have pissed off a lot of people",

"That life seems like forever ago-" She informed him, before we went back to silence.

"How exactly did you survive here without anyone else? Any blood?" Elena asked, before she sipped at the hot beverage.

"Well, I have Isabelle here to keep me fed of course" Lily answered, gesturing lightly toward me.

"Isabelle, as in, Isabelle Martin?" Damon questioned with a raised eyebrow.

"Yes, do you know me?",

"Nope, just rings a bell, read a certain article in the news once" Damon obviously lied with a twitch in his features. He knew something I didn't, they were hiding something.

"Isabelle here has been a friend through the decade, she was from another prison world, What was it again?" Lily queried,

"1994...",

"Hey Damon, isn't that where-" Elena began to whisper to her boyfriend. However, Lily had cut them off with her knowledge of her two sons over the years. The atmosphere was tense while mother spoke. So during that time, I pulled Elena away so we could have some girl time.

"What year is it out there?" I asked while we walked around the aged house.

"2014" she answered stiffly.

"And the other prison world, have you been there?"

"Not really...",

"Of course, then you haven't met Malachai" at my words, I smirked due to her body suddenly straightening and her expression becoming nervous.

"Damon knows him, I'm good at spotting lies. Of course, he knows who I am because of that. So... Why did you lie? Because I'm really curious" I announced with a knowing smile painted across my face.

"I don't know... Y'know, I should probably go back to Damon now",

"No, you can't do that, but... If you answer one question I won't hurt you and you can go back to your rude friend. Does that sound like a plan?",

"What do you want?" She snaps suddenly, whipping around with her brown hair a curtain around her young features.

"Is Malachai here?",

"Elena!" Damon suddenly shouts, bringing me out of my determination to face Damon at the bottom of the hall.

"Well, I guess I'll have to wait and see" with that, I returned to the sitting room.

<><><>

After Damon had threatened Lily to leave her behind. I had willingly followed in belief that I would see Mal again.
Therefore, as Night descended on us all and the Bennet witch bled on the ascendant, I whipped my head around thinking he would jump out at any second. However, he didn't.

As lights of many colours drowned us, I heard a faint groaning under the chanting of the young witch.

"Bonnie!" A familiar voice exclaimed, and I looked up to him. Without hesitation, I jumped from the group with no one holding me back.
While I ran to Malachai, I could hear Lily's cries for me to come back as her son held her in his tight grip.

Then... They were gone.

__________
Comment and vote
xxx
__________