35 { K A I } •

<><><>

<><><>

Now

"We never went out to eat when I was a kid. I always had this fascination with chefs and fine dining. My dad actually loves to cook. He's old school, of course. He taught me to measure by eye. Season by taste, all that stuff-" While I spoke, Elena finally came around. Her fatigued features were fixed in an expression of pain. But, of course that was expected, especially with the vervain ropes binding her wrists.
"- But it's different now in the restaurant world. I mean, everything's on timers. It's like, fries go in, you push a button. Ding, you take them out. Literally, no guess work".

Then did she look up. As she rose her head, her eyes half lidded, beads of sweat cascading down her brow, I caught a glimmer of familiarity. However, I shrugged it away before internally commenting on her appearance. She was about groggy but, awake none the less. Therefore, it was my time to shine.

"Why am I here?" She questioned, her voice haunted with sleep as she rolled her head around in my direction.

"Uh, well, I spent eighteen years in abandoned restaurants... And now I'm showing off the fruits of my labour" I said while cutting into my food.

"I don't mean the Mystic Grill",

"Oh, you mean like-like here here, in Mystic Falls?-" I corrected myself with a mouth full of food.
And all I could do -which was weird and really not needed- was see Isabelle in the face of Elena Gilbert.
"- Sorry, I'm nervous. I'm- you're like really pretty".

"Why am I here, Kai?" She asks once again, her voice louder, holding more strength. And even though she's like her.
She never called me Kai.

"Well, I took the spell that was keeping supernaturals out of Mystic Falls, and I... I, like, absorbed it. Like, ate it, I guess. It's cool, huh? First I eat magic, and then eventually I lose it, but... I mean, a huge spell like that... I mean, come on. Magic's oozing out of me. It's all over the place. I didn't realise I was out of control until I met the manager a few hours ago-" she opened her eyes wider, finally gifting me with a reaction.
"- and he was like, 'you can't come in here. We're closed. And you have an unconscious girl over your shoulder'-" she scoffed.
"- Then I was like, 'don't judge me.' So then I gave him a heart attack, or I tried to. But all I did was make him vomit uncontrollably, which was like, ugh. All right, let's stop that. So I tried again. And I think I broke his spine. I'm not really sure.
Because the third time I tried the spell, he kind of exploded in blood".

"What the hell is wrong with you?" She asked again, the questions were boring but the change in her expression were comical as she looked at me as a monster.

"I just told you, I have too much magic. You know, it wasn't until my test run with the manager that I realised... If I start to merge with Jo, and my gushing of magic turns her into that guy... Then I'm not gonna have a twin for the merge, then I won't be leader and I won't get Belle back-",

"Whose Belle?" She asked. However, I carried on.

"- So, Elena, that is why you're here. Because... I need to get my magic under control by practicing with you. Or rather, by practicing on you.
Oh hey, P.S, silver lining. After the manager finally stopped thrashing around... I finally managed a cloaking spell. Thank you".
With that, I took a sip of my orange juice and continued.

"It's easy to do, and undo... Phesmatos Oculacs".

With that, the slowly decaying body of Manny the manager appeared on the table. To watch her jump back, or at least try to when he appeared was priceless. Especially when she had to look away. She was a vampire, wasn't she?

"Table for three....-" I laughed,
"- you had no idea".

__________
Comment and vote
xxx
__________