44 { K A I } •

<><><>

<><><>

Now

Once they were gone.
They were gone.
And being in a state of shock, I didn't see the small figure running in my direction.
As I fell against the tree the person held me in their warmth and placed my face in the crook of their neck.

"Shh, it's going to be okay" a girl said, her voice comforting and low while she pulled away.
With the northern lights, her face was illuminated and there she was.
Her brown hair was held in tight curls, her eyes were soft and coloured that familiar sky blue and she was just there.

"Hi..." Isabelle choked out as she cupped my face, running her eyes over every inch of my features. In that moment, my heart stopped in my chest. It no longer hammered at my rib cage, nor did my mind race with pointless thoughts. Belle took that all away with a mere glance.

"Come on, let's get you out of the cold" she smiled lightly before assisting me to my feet. However, once I was erect, I snatched myself from her and walked straight for the house.
She couldn't be here, I was going to kill her... No, I am  going to kill her, it just needs time.

While we made our way in the direction of the dancing light, she followed after me, in silence. In that time, I contemplated the near future.

What was I going to say to her?

Hey, I hate that you faked your death just so you could leave me, so I'm going to kill you.
What would you prefer, strangulation or the knife?

It wouldn't work.
Therefore, when we got inside, like clockwork, she removed her outer layers and stood before me in a period dress that suited her form perfectly.
She hadn't aged a day after leaving 1994. Which made me question if she really escaped our hell.

"I didn't want to leave you-" she spoke up, her voice light and melodic as it assaulted my ears. "- Joshua pulled me out, I wasn't strong enough" she continued. However, I kept silent.
"Don't do this to me..." she whimpered.

"Don't do that to you?-" I scoffed, "- you didn't speak to me in two years!" I exclaimed, then storming toward her until we were face to face.
I could feel her soft breaths hitting my frozen skin, she seemed so scared.

"I-I... I was getting better Mal",

"Sure you were... It's always about you, isn't it?",

"You...-" she took a deep breath, "- You buried me alive Malachai. I starved to death... Twice!",

"It wasn't my fault!",

"Yes, you should've just left me, like you do everything else!" at that, I had her by the throat and her feet weren't even touching the ground.
Until she started clawing at my arm and face, I held her tighter right up to the point where she was desperate for breath. At that stage, I dropped her to the ground so she could splutter and gulp down as much oxygen as she needed.

"I will this time, I'll leave you here to rot all by yourself.... So, don't you dare come near me".

__________
Comment and vote
xxx
__________