42 { B O N N I E } •

<><><>

<><><>

Now

While she sat contemplating her plan, Bonnie Bennet couldn't ignore her thoughts from when she was trapped in the prison world.
They had saved her, Isabelle and Kai saved her from eventually spiralling into the unknown of insanity.
Yet, she couldn't forget all the pain she went through.
Despite Kai being able to feel, even before merging with Luke, it took a huge toll on her. His begging for forgiveness wasn't out of character, she had seen it many times before.

However, she wasn't Isabelle. From what Bonnie already knew, these types of emotions were reserved for his girlfriend and his girlfriend only. This only made her worry... What exactly did she mean to him?
It was a stupid question but available in her roaring state of rumination.

That's when she decided she needed answers.
From Damon she had heard of Alaric's girlfriend, Jo Laughlin AKA Josette Parker, Kai's twin.
Bonnie knew if she wanted answers, she would be the closest one to getting them.

Therefore, once she grabbed her bag, she made her way down to Whitmore College Hospital.

<><><>

Amongst the hustle and bustle, Bonnie captured a woman familiar to the girl in the Parker family photos.
It was clear Josette Parker had matured in looks but, with her dark hair and inherited blue eyes, it was semi-clear that she was the other half of Kai.

While she approached her, Bonnie's stomach curled in nervous anticipation.
She had never met her before, she couldn't know what she was going to be like. However, if Alaric had seen Jo as a friend, Bonnie would find a way to as well.

"Excuse me, are you Jo Laughlin?" Bonnie questioned the woman before her.

Jo looked toward the witch with a raised eyebrow. Yet, soon enough she recognised her from Alaric's explanation.
The girl before her was trapped in 1994 along with her brother.

"Yes... I'm guessing you're Damon's friend. Bonnie, right?",

"Yeah, that's me. I just wanted to ask some questions" she replied with her fingers curling tightly over the strap of her bag.

"Come, I think this should be done in a more private place" Jo smiled to then lead Bonnie off into a closed off patients room.
Like she thought, the young witch could smell the potent aroma of chemicals and hospital food.

"What was it you wanted to ask?" Jo queried while knitting her arms together.

Once that question escaped her lips, Bonnie scrambled to pull out a photo she had snagged from Portland. One of Jo, Kai, Isabelle and another boy she presumed to be Joey.
And with hesitation, she handed it over while pointing to the Martin witch.

"I wanted to ask about Isabelle... She was locked up with Kai in the prison world" Bonnie reminded her.

In that moment, Jo froze and her body became unimaginably tensed. But, she gulped down her sorrow and fear before passing back the picture.
She couldn't look at it any more,
the grief was near to overpowering and the betrayal she felt then only seeped  through the cracks of her mind.

"I knew Izzy, she was my best friend, how could I forget her?-" She asked rhetorically,
"- all I know is that she was as crazy as Kai, she didn't hesitate to hold me down while he-" Jo suddenly choked up at the memory.
"- I'm sorry, I can't do this... I think you should leave".

At that, She stormed out the room and left Bonnie in complete denial.
She only had two sides to the story.

What she had seen on that camera plus, what Jo had told her.
The only perspective to bring about the truth had the young witch shuddering. She wouldn't ever talk to Malachai Parker... Never again.
But, she wanted to know what led Isabelle to be with someone like Kai Parker
Already, she knew she used to be friends with Jo and she betrayed her. But, it couldn't only be Kai's anger that caused her to kill one of his siblings.

__________
Comment and vote
xxx
__________