Part 52

Part 52:

"Hello..."

"Hello... Can I talk with Mr. Shyam Gupta?"

"Yes... speaking"

"Hello Mr. Gupta, I called you to talk about your sister Khushi and my son. Can I have few minutes of your time?" asked Mohini smiling evilly. She wanted to call Shyam yesterday night. But with her office work she forgot to call. When she woke up this morning, she remembered about this and called him immediately after finishing her breakfast.

"About Khushi and YOUR son? But first, may I know who you are?"

"Of course... but before that I want a promise from you that you won't tell anything to your sister about our talks. I just want to give surprise to her"

"First tell me who you are, than I will think whether I can promise you or not"

"Ok... fine... my name is Mohini, Arnav's mother"

"Arnav?"

"Yes... Arnav, with whom your sister is deeply in love. I think she already mentioned you about my son."

"Yeah... she mentioned. Oh... Namaste Maa Ji..."

"Namaste. Fine... I'm coming to the point directly. When my son is talking about your sister and his love for her, I confronted him about this. Then he confessed his love for her to me. And he also confessed his urge to marry her. We want him to get married this year, as he already is managing our business while studying. And I'm sure he can do this in future. So, his father started to search for the girl. But, when I heard about your sister and saw her photo, I couldn't think about other girl as my bahu. She is perfect girl for my son. And I know, other than her, nobody can keep my son happy and no other girl can keep our family dignity in high. She is perfect for my son and family. So, I decided to get them marry. I just wanted to ask you about this proposal. I want you to talk with your father as I don't have your father's number. And I want you to keep our conversation as secret from your sister, because, we – I and my son wants to surprise her on their wedding day. Till that time we will keep this thing."

"But how did you know my number?"

"I asked my son to get it from Khushi's mobile"

"And why didn't you ask him to get my Dad's?"

"Because we don't know his name"

"How did you know my name then?"

"Khushi told about you to Arnav"

"See madam... I don't know whether to believe you or not. I'm really confused. Because whatever you are saying is not fitting in place. It's a simple logic; everybody will have their parents' numbers in their phones with the relation like Dad and Mom. They won't keep their numbers with their names. Then, how could your son not get my dad's number from Khushi's phone? How can I know you are the same Arnav's mother? You may be some other person. Sorry don't feel bad. But I can't take risk about my sister's life, right? I just want some assurance. And without taking Khushi's concern I can't agree with this marriage proposal. I need to talk with her about this"

"But Arnav wants to give surprise to her"

"I know... but...That is not important to me. My sister, and the things related to her are matters to me. Nothing else. Sorry I can't promise you anything without talking with my sister" Shyam said sternly.

"Ok... I can understand your love and responsibility towards your sister. She is lucky to have you like her brother. Fine... I will ask Arnav to confess his feelings to her. I will message you once he does that. Then you confirm with your sister as they both confessed or not. If she says yes, then you can agree to this marriage. Is it okay with you?"