AKL Part 28

Part 28: 

"Rahul... Rahul... where are you? Rahul..." shouted Rahul's friend.

"Why are you shouting like that? I'm here only. What's the matter?" asked irritated Rahul.

"Today you have to go to college at any cost. Because two important things. Auditions are going on... you have to attend and get selected."

"Auditions? What auditions? And how do you know?"

"Movie auditions. I just called Paul he only told me that. And one more important thing – Arnav and batch are not here. They went to Delhi last week. Only Khushi is here."

"What they aren't here from one week? Shit... I don't know about this. I missed the chance. When are they coming back?"

"Paul don't know about their return. But they went in emergency it seems. Arnav's father is in hospital. But you can't lose this chance Rahul. Without Arnav, she is weak. Nobody is there to support her. You better use this time."

"I won't lose this chance. Last week, I had to go to studio with dad. With that, I missed the chance. Not anymore. I'll use this chance. Thanks for the information. I will be ready in 10 minutes. Then we will leave to college." Saying this Rahul went to get ready.

****************

It's already 10 AM. She is late today. After talking with Arnav, she really felt relieved knowing his father is fine. But talking with him took all her time to college. Though she talked with him for only few minutes, but with that, she missed her bus. When she caught another bus, it got punctured. After that, she saw a group of boys arguing about something in front of the college gate. She has to wait to enter in college. After that group went from there, now, she entered in, sighing deeply. She gasped in tension when she checked time and she ran inside to attend the audition.

The Dean is in very much angry and irritated mood now. He never expected Khushi would be this irresponsible. He is pacing here and there in front of auditorium. He looked on his right when he heard Payal saying "Khushi". He looked at the girl who is running like a crazy, sighed deeply to control his anger. He doesn't want to shout at this tiny figure.

She directly ran towards the auditorium, where the selection is going on. When she saw her Dean, she really felt scared to look at his face.

"Sorry sir, I didn't mean to be late. Sorry. It won't happen again," said Khushi, after reaching them.

"Hmmm, you better don't be. Now go, the auditions started. Do your best. I know, you will feel tensed in between seniors. But it is ok go and perform your full. Go..." he pushed her inside.

She directly went to the organizer to give her enrolment number. After checking with the number, they asked her to sit and they will call her when her turn comes. She nodded obediently and sat on the chairs. One by one all the students sang their songs. When Khushi chance came, she also went to perform in front of the music directors. When they heard her voice, they initially liked her and asked her to sing in different rhythms. Whatever they asked Khushi successfully sang. After, they asked her to wait for next round.

****************

"Arey Rahul... tum yaha kya kar rahe ho? Why didn't you go inside for music selections? Sir also gave you permission for participate. Then, what happened?"

"No yaar... I'm not interested in that. It's just waste of time. I don't need that. Anyways, my dad has recording studio and audio company. That's enough for me. After completing this degree, I will take that. But I will attend the auditions. I'm just waiting for..." he stopped by seeing his friend came running to him.