AKL Part 21

Part 21:

"No need to worry... she is fine now. She got fever due to stress. She is physically fine but she is mentally weak. Something is bothering her badly. She is looking very depressed. She is not ready to expose her inner turmoil. Try to make her happy. That will help her to come out. You can take her after 10 minutes. Here is the prescription" said doctor.

"Sure doctor. I'll take care of that. Thank you" said Arnav. He left the doctors room, and went to Khushi's room to hear her talking with someone. When he heard what she is saying he felt like the land beneath him moving away... he felt like he losing a precious thing of his life. He kept hearing her words...

"No Shyam... I'm fine... I was fainted near the hostel. That time Arnav Ji came there, I don't know why, but he only brought me to the hospital."

'Is she saying that she don't know why I came to hostel or she don't know why I took her to hospital? Didn't she really know why I came to hostel or brought her hospital?' thought Arnav.

"But pooh... why did you faint in the first? What happened? Aren't you taking your food daily? Wait... as I know you will faint whenever you are disturbed mentally, right? Then what happened dear? Tell me"

"Nothing Shyam... I'm fine, don't worry."

"How can you say that you are fine? You are in hospital Khushi. Tell me Khushi what's the matter. Which matter is bothering you?"

"Hmmm... ok... yes I'm disturbed... why wouldn't I disturbed when I came to know that the person, I love most, loves another girl? He never thinks about me like that? Why wouldn't I disturb when I said to that person that I love him and he rejected my love? How will I feel Shyam?" she burst out her feelings in front her brother and cried her heart out. "I should have told him about my feelings little earlier. I wouldn't have missed him. I lost my love Shyam... I lost my life..."

Shock is the situation of two people. One is Shyam and one is Arnav. Only one thought is killing both of them, "My little sister faced rejection" thought Shyam. "My Khushi was rejected by someone" thought Arnav. They both didn't like that truth, which is disturbing Khushi. They also felt disturbed with this. Khushi talked some more time with her brother. When she saw Arnav entering the room she bid bye to Shyam and disconnected the call.

"How are you Khushi? How are you feeling now?" asked Arnav with so much concern for her.

"I'm fine Arnav Ji... thanks a lot for your help. And I'm sorry for inconvenience caused to you."

"What happened to you Khushi? What I heard now, is it true? Who is that guy?"

"Hmmm... Arnav Ji... please can we skip this topic for now. Please..." she pleaded him with tears in her eyes. Seeing her like this he sighed deeply and nodded his head. They both left hospital to her hostel. When he is driving, he remembered her talks with that so called Shyam in hospital. So, one thing is cleared, that Shyam is not the guy who he thought. He left an inaudible sigh in relaxation. Suddenly he remembered how she didn't lift his call this morning, and a shiver ran through his spine when a thought came into his mind 'where did she go in this morning? Why didn't she answer our calls? Did she go out for something...? I mean did she go out for hurting herself or doing something more stupid?' he pressed car break, letting the car stopped with jerk. Immediately he left car and come Khushi's side and dragged her out of the car and barked on her asking

"Where were you in the morning?"

Khushi, who is confused about this sudden change in his behaviour, said "I'm in hostel itself. Why? What happened?"