Chapter 4

The other skeletons looked at Polka in shock, they were all just watching in slight jealousy from afar while Polka was sitting on Carrot's lap, and when Blueberry hugged her. It was a surprising when Polka's emotions had changed into something not her, her eyes, were changed from innocent ones to anger filled ones. There was also a faint color of silver appearing on one side of her left eye. Her left eye was almost as close to like the yin and yang, but with different colors, but one of the colors were fainted, so the other skeletons didn't notice this, but Amber and Flora did. Polka was still near Amber's face, Flora was completely pale and was also shocked by Polka's actions, but the most shocked was Amber, Amber was completely pale and was also shaking in slight fear, she stutters. "I-I'm n-n-not sc-scared of you! Y-Your w-weak! Y-Your a f-freak!" Polka was caught off guard when she heard Amber say the last part and soon realizes what was going on, the faint silver in her left eye quickly goes away and she pushes Amber away and quickly runs away with tears in her eyes, ignoring the skeleton's calls, but the only thing that was loud enough for Polka to hear, was Amber's and Flora's laughter, which suddenly stopped very quickly, but Polka was too upset to even care. She soon stumbles down the hall and runs down some stairs to UT Gaster's lab, but stops before she could hit a yellow dinosaur, she had glasses and a white lab coat, she seemed surprised when Polka suddenly showed up. "O-Oh my gosh! Y-You must be the n-new a-assistant! I-I'm Undertale A-Alphys! T-The fourth r-royal scientist!" UT Alphys stutters and shows a kind smile. Polka looks at her shyly and introduced herself. "I-I'm P-P-Polka! I-It's n-n-nice to m-meet you t-too." UT Alphy's smile widens. "Well it looks like the two of you are going to get along well." Polka turns around to see UT Gaster, he was drinking his coffee from a mug. Polka turns her gaze at him and asks him. "O-Oh! W-What c-can I d-do for you sir?" UT Gaster looks at Polka and smiles at her warmly and gets up from his chair. "Can you get me the container that had the orange soup over there behind the machine." He asks as he points over at the large metal container that had the orange soul at the center, BRAVERY wasn't it that they called this colored soul? Polka had looked into a book in a library about souls before, so she knows all about them, the chocolate brunet picked up the container by the bottom and brought it over to UT Gaster carefully, was now sitting on his chair again, UT Alphys had left to do some other stuff, A.K.A, she left to go and see UT Undying, Polka carefully places the container in a slot that had the same octagon shape as the container, Gaster smiles and nods his head in approval at Polka and soon motions her to have a seat across from him from where the other chair was. Polka soon obeys and sits on the chair and looks at UT Gaster curiously wondering what he wants to talk about. "Polka, I had heard from what happened at the garden today, and I was wondering what kind of trait you have; I was thinking kindness but that's kind of unknown now based on the actions that you had done. As you can see, right in front of us is an orange soul, that has the Bravery trait, this is one of the original souls that we Aus used to escape the underground. So in for short Polka, I am going to engage a fight with you, but only to look at your soul, just to know about you, is that alright?" He asks the human girl, Polka felt sort of afraid but feels a bit calm when Gaster had explained the rest, Polka has never been in a fight before, so hearing that this was only just to look at her soul, sort of made her feel a bit relieved. Polka nods her head, telling Gaster that it was alright, this made the royal scientist smile and a few clicks were heard and a box suddenly appears before the chocolate brunet. The box had a white outline while the inside of it was completely black, and under the huge box were 4 boxes with words on them. 

FIGHT ACT ITEM MERCY

Polka quickly chooses MERCY, when she did a heart appeared but it wasn't a normal one either, the heart was completely crystallized, the left side of it was colored ruby red, while the right side of it, didn't look anything like it, it was completely black, with many cracks on it, and all of them were connected to the other, if you would look closely at the heart, you would be able to see through it, which Polka and UT Gaster can, this made UT Gaster look at the soul in shock, the fighting screen soon went away and Polka's eyes went wide in surprise to see that the other skeletons were right behind UT Gaster, but she probably knew that they must have teleported here with their magic or something. "Oi Gaster, what's wrong with her soul?!" Edge shouted. "YES INDEED, THIS HUMAN'S SOUL IS UNNATURAL, IT'S KINDA CONCERNING SCENE WE HAVE NEVER SEEN A SOUL LIKE THIS BEFORE." Fell said, agreeing with his older brother (surprisingly). "Along with the fact that almost ALL souls have the same color outline as the inside of a soul, Polka's however, is different." Classic said as he rubs his chin. "There was also something strange about her dialogue and tone earlier." G sans said as he looks down while his eyes narrowed and does the same thing as Classic. Polka gulps and starts to shake, horrible thoughts start to go through her mind but suddenly, a hand was being placed on her shoulder, making her jump three feet away from the person that touched her. To her surprise it was only UT Gaster, who was also surprised by her out burst and reaches out for her again. "Polka it's alright, none of us are going to hurt you, we promise." Polka froze at the last word UT Gaster said and suddenly tells him without thinking.

"Don't promise me that." 

The other skeletons looked at Polka in shock. "What? What do you mean "Don't promise you that?" Why would you say-" "Because every time when someone promises me something, they always end up broken, and that cost of the promise will be payed back on only me ten fold while the other has even more worser luck." Polka said, cutting UT Gaster off. The Sanses and Papyruses looked at Polka with shocked looks, the most shocked was the regular Sanses and Swapped Papyruses (The Sanses and the Papyruses that remembers all the resets) because they kinda don't like making promises. So hearing someone saying that they don't want any promises from any body, kinda surprised them. But not only that, it sort of hurted them too. Classic sighs and walks over to the shy human, but that only made the girl take a few more steps back. Classic sighs and looks at Polka with pleading eyes. "Polka listen, me and the others sort of understand how you feel about making promises. But sometimes they don't always end up broken, after all, why would we want to hurt a human like yourself? You were trapped in that facility tortured and hurt, I can tell from the fear and uneasiness that you have showed us and so fair, we only made it worse, especially those girls from back there, I don't know what kind of deal you had with them but still though, you have to realized that some of us aren't like that at all. And we won't be by the time we all finish this war. And Polka, we aren't going to hurt you just because your soul is different, if anything else, you probably wouldn't be the type to hurt others anyway." Polka looks up at Classic with a unsure look, Classic takes one step, Polka doesn't move back this time. "Please trust us Polka, I know you probably won't but-" Polka let's out a sigh, making Classic stop talking. Before he could say anything else, Polka moves some of her bangs away and smiles a tiny smile. "Why would you think that I didn't trust you all?" Her question made Classic's sockets widen for a moment but soon he makes a lazy smile and places his hands in the pockets of his hoodie. "For reasons kid, for reasons." Polka let's out a sigh of relief but looks down with a sad look. Carrot quickly knew what the chocolate brunet was thinking and spoke. "So, who were those friends that you had?" Polka's eyes go wide and gulps down a lump in her throat and quickly grows pale, looking up at Carrot. "O-Oh um...y-yeah...it's sort of a long story but...I don't think I should t-talk about it right now...if that's alright with you all?" She asks, she holds back a relieved sigh as she sees that everyone nodded their heads. The skeletons were relived that Polka was starting to warm up to them finally. "So what are we going to do about my s-soul?" Polka asks as she turns to UT Gaster, the royal scientist smiles at Polka warmly. "Don't worry Polka, I will figure something out, but for now, I think it would be best that you should rest for a bit." Polka nods her head in understanding. "Then I'll see if there is anything for me to do in the mean time." The brunet said, stuttering less than before. UT Gaster looks at the Sanses and Papyruses with a serious gaze. "As for the rest of you, go back to your training." They nodded their heads and quickly teleported out of the room.