"You've reached Evan-"

"Evan it's Grace. She's not in class and I don't know where she is!" Zoe said in a panicked voice.

"What?"

"Evan she isn't at school! The secretary called and she hasn't seen Grace all morning!" Zoe said.

"Baby, calm down. I know it's scary, but worrying isn't going to help you." Evan said.

"How the hell are you so calm? Our daughter, our ONLY daughter, is missing!" Zoe said.

"Because there's every possibility that she's still on the property. And besides, she knows you are going to be there at 3:30 to pick her up so she'll be back by then." Evan said.

"How are you not panicking?" Zoe asked.

"I am. But I'm also thinking about this rationally. Now you need to take deep breaths and not worry. I'm sure Grace is fine. But I don't have anything for a while, I can drive down to the school and look." Evan offered.

"Yes! Please!" Zoe said.

"Okay. I'll call you if anything happens." Evan said.

"Okay." Zoe said, panicking.

"Don't worry Zo. It'll be okay." Evan said before hanging up.

Zoe pocketed her phone and ran a hand through her hair. She grabbed the nearest chart and started filling it out, waiting for her phone to ring.

+*+

"Mrs Hansen?"

"Speaking." Zoe said.

"We've found your daughter. She decided that skipping school to smoke under the bleachers would be a good idea. If you could come pick her up and speak to Principal Gowan at the soonest moment that'd be great." Mrs Smith said.

"Absolutely. I'm on my way. Thank you so much!" Zoe said. She hung up and grabbed her purse.

"Megan! I gotta run to Grace's school! Can you cover my patients?" Zoe asked.

"Absolutely!" Megan said smiling. Zoe smiled and ran out of the ER.

She got into her car and pulled out of the parking lot. She dialled Evan's number before running a hand through her hair again.

"Hey babe. No luck. I couldn't find her." Evan said.

"That's okay! Secretary called and said they found her! I'm on my way to pick her up and talk to Principal Gowan. Want to come along?" Zoe asked.

"Sure, I'll be there soon." Evan said.

"Okay. Love you." Zoe said.

"Love you too Zo." Evan said. Zoe smiled as he hung up.

+*+

"Mrs Hansen, come on in. Will your husband be joining us?" Principal Gowan said. Zoe nodded as Evan walked into the office.

"Sorry I'm late." Evan said. Zoe smiled and walked into the principals office. She saw her daughter sitting in one of the three chairs across from the principal.

"Okay Grace, what were you doing behind the bleachers?" Zoe asked gently, sitting beside her daughter.

"Some grade nines said that's where they hung out during first period." Grace said. Zoe sighed and looked at Evan who nodded.

"Well Grace, I hope you know that smoking on school property is illegal." Principal Gowan said. Grace shrugged and Principal Gowan sighed and looked at Zoe.