50 ~ Act 5

Hey guys, so sorry for updating late! The last couple of days have been super busy and I may have gotten a lil bit drunk at a party on the 5th so I forgot to update...(I am of age in my country)
Anyway, enjoy!

The School Council.
That's what they called themselves.
Kaede, Gonta, Tenko, K1-B0 and Himiko.
It started with stricter rules. Everyone had to be in groups of two or three at all times. Breakfast, lunch and dinner were now at designated times, with a five minute leniency from the designated arrival times. The nighttime hours were strictly No Leaving hours, meaning we had to stay in our rooms from the nighttime announcement to the morning announcement.
Kaito had been part of it briefly, before he heard the stricter rules and left, bringing Shuichi with him.
It seemed Kaede's leader-like personality had seemingly turned to being almost controlling. The deaths had taken their toll on her, and though she had good intentions, her rules were harsh.
Shuichi talked to her, but she either didn't listen or didn't believe him.
But life continued on. I was alive, and that simple reminder everyday, the reminder Kaede and Rantaro had given me, was the one that kept me going, kept me out of despair.
"Good bearning, bastards! It is now 7am, which means you need to get up and KILL SOMEBODY!"
"Yeah! Monokid didn't die for nothing!"
I stepped out of my room to see Kirumi downstairs, talking to Shuichi. She laughed at something, and Shuichi returned the laugh with one of his own, before they both began walking to the exit. I jogged down and joined the conversation, heading to the cafeteria.
"Though I dislike Kaede's rules, I must admit these past few days have been quite peaceful." Kirumi said.
"It's nice to be able to get to know each other better." I replied.
"I think she's going too far." Shuichi said.
"But they work, correct?" Kirumi asked.
"I'm not so sure that's true." Shuichi pressed a finger to his chin, "I've tried talking to her but she just waves me off." He never spoke Kaede's name.
"Hmmm." Kirumi tilted her head and fell silent, leaving the rest of the walk to happen in silence.
Breakfast happened, and I chose to group with Himiko and Tenko for the day.
"Hey, Himiko," Tenko looked at the shorter girl, "What's the worst curse you can put on someone?"
"Nyeh, it depends on who you put the curse on." Himiko replied. She seemed to be slowly opening up to Tenko.
"Ooh, what curse would you put on Alex?" Tenko asked.
"Hey, why me?" I replied.
"Because I want to watch Himiko curse someone." Tenko deadpanned.
"Yeah, but why not Oma or someone else?" I asked.
"Even degenerate males shouldn't be subjected to Himiko's curses!" Tenko shouted, glaring at me.
"I would curse Alex to get a full night's sleep every night!" Himiko suddenly spoke up, throwing her arms in the air.
"Why are your curses always slightly uncomfortable?" I asked.
"Because being slightly uncomfortable is the worst feeling imaginable." Himiko replied.
"I hate being slightly uncomfortable. Like when my socks are wet, or my hair doesn't match, or a degenerate male stands too close to me..." Tenko continued to list things off on her fingers, growing more disgusted by the second. Finally, she threw her hands up in anger and looked at Himiko.
"Did you curse me to forever be thinking about being slightly uncomfortable?" She shouted, pointing an accusatory finger at the magician.
"Nyeh, that wasn't me!" Himiko replied, pulling her hat down. Tenko looked at her for a second, before suddenly her expression turned to one of horror.
"Himiko! I can't believe I just accused you of cursing me!" She cried, clapping her hands over her mouth, "I'm so sorry!"
Himiko went silent.
"I'm tired." She finally said, beginning to walk away. Tenko looked at me.
"You cursed me, didn't you?!" She suddenly shouted.
"What? No! I don't know how to curse!" I replied, throwing my hands up.
"You did! You want Himiko all to yourself, don't you! But she's mine!" Tenko wrinkled her nose.
"I-I swear, I didn't do anything!" I replied.
"I don't believe you!" Tenko spun on her heel, "Wait, Himiko, we have to be in pairs!" She began running after the girl, leaving me alone.
I felt like this had happened before.