Chapter 28

Ji Yeon POV

After shopping the whole afternoon, I went home and Buddy greeted me as always.

"You always buy so much when you go shopping," My mom said, looking at my shopping bags.

"I needed new tops," I shrugged. My phone rang and the caller ID was unknown but I answered anyways.

"Hello?"

"Is this Ji Yeon?" A familiar voice asked.

"Yes .. Who is this?" I asked.

"Um, it's Zico."

My heart pounded and my eyes widened, causing my mom to worry.

"Wh-what do you want?" I said nervously.

"I just wanted to say .. I'm sorry."

I stood there in confusion. "Sorry?"

"Yes, I owe you an apology. I was the one that had made U-Kwon hurt you, and I had abused of your dog. I have realized what I've done and you don't have to forgive me because I know I did the unforgivable. Maybe you could forgive U-Kwon at least .." He said. I processed his words and sighed.

"I'm glad you realized how much pain you caused me .." I said. I heard him sigh.

"I know, I'm really sorry. I was so inconsiderate and I wish I could stop the time and reverse it," He said in a sad tone.

It's weird to hear Zico like this, he'd usually have a sense of evil, but now it only sounds like regret and depression.

"Times up!" I heard a demanding yell say on the other line.

"I have to go now, once again, I'm really sorry. Take care." And with that, he hung up. I stayed frozen for a moment, thinking about all this.

"Who was it? What'd they say?" My mom asked impatiently.

"It was Zico .. saying he's sorry to have made U-Kwon hurt me and to have abused of Buddy .." I replied.

"If you think about it, U-Kwon had not been obligated to do so," My mom informed.

"Because Zico had put him to the mentality that it was cool to do that. Then he realized it wasn't and Zico had made him hurt me," I defended. I facepalmed myself and sighed.

"What am I defending him for .. U-Kwon is now out of my life. We weren't even meant to be," I said. Saying that, I felt broken inside, knowing I still missed U-Kwon. My mom noticed I could start crying any moment so she pulled me into a hug as I broke down into sobs.

The next day, our band was getting ready to rehearse and everyone was happily talking to each other. Judy was talking to Kyung, which they're the new couple of the school and they're absolutely adorable together.

Me and Jerrah were practicing our UIL music, improving every time we played our music again.

"I'm so nervous about all this. I mean, we'll be playing together as a band but we've never gone to competition before," Jerrah said, looking at the music sheet.

"Ms.Ledesma said that we'll do well, and that we need to do our best," I said.

"Did you ever hear that we'll be going to eat at Cici's Pizza after the competition?" She asked with a bright smile. I nodded.

"We're going to have a great time," I replied. She nodded in agreement.

"Can a third clarinet join your duet?" Jungkook asked while walking up to us.