Chapter 1

"It's all your fault!"I shrieked at my mother, breathing heavily.

"Honey, I'm sorry-"

"No! If you were,you would've let me stayed with Appa!"I shouted, leaving her alone in the living room and stomping off to my new room.

I examined it for a while, the walls were plain white and my stuff were still in boxes, waiting to be unpacked. I hate this room. I hate this house. I hate this neighborhood. I hate my mom. I hate this world. You must be thinking, 'bother to explain, hateful one?'

Well, to answer you, I used to be a happy teenage girl until my mother ruined it all. A few days ago, my father found out she cheated on him. Since my mother is really wealthy, she just decided to buy a brand new house and took me with her, separating me from my father. We used to be happy. All those loving memories of a family we had, the trips we took all around the world, it's all gone now.

I stared at the picture of me with my parents from our trip to Spain. We looked ever so happy, joyful and inseparable. But it's all gone now. I grabbed the picture frame and threw it across the miserable room with fury. It crashed into the wall, with the glass of the frame shattering into pieces as it dropped to the floor.

I fell to my knees and let my tears run down like a waterfall. A warm, wet tongue startled me, licking my face and attempting to wipe the tears off my face. More like, it was spreading it all over my face. I opened my eyes to see Buddy, my handsome golden retriever. He whimpered, as if to know my feelings. I patted his soft head and gave my efforts to smile.

"You wanna go for a walk, Buddy? Huh?" I whispered to him.

Just like that, he ran off and in just a few seconds, he was back with the leash in his mouth and placed it in front of my knees.

I got off my knees and tied the leash around Buddy. He was a gift from my father when I was 7. I had watched the movie Air Bud, and I wanted a dog like Buddy. The next day, my father brought me a month-old puppy and I named him Buddy. He has always protected me and obeyed me. I love him dearly, and next year will become a decade of me having him. He is the only reason why I desire to keep alive.

"Let's go Buddy,please lead the way though, I might get lost if you trust me to take a walk and to remember where we live", I told him as I chuckled, walking downstairs.