Chapter 12

Thank you thank you thank you for 1k reads!! :) I never thought I'd make it this far... Saranghaeyo~!

~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•

U-Kwon POV

As she got out of the car, I waved at her and didn't leave until I was sure she entered her house. I answered the phone and drove off.

"Yoboseyo?"

"How did it go?"

"Sulli almost let it out. I shut her big mouth just in time."

"Good. Did she already tell BTS she can't talk to them?"

"She refused."

"What?! And you're letting her?!?!" Zico shouted on the other line.

"She's defensive. No one can tell her what to do," I told him firmly. I heard him sigh.

"By the way, Hyori's been telling me every single detail of what's been going on between you and her. You told her you're going to break up with Ji Yeon soon to be with her?"

"Yeah, but that's not my plan. I plan to leave Ji Yeon saying it's because of Hyori , but I won't really go with Hyori. I'll hurt her too."

"Great idea! That's my boy!"

"You know I'm older than you, Zico .."

"I'm still the leader."

"Eh. I have to go, see ya," I told him, hanging up. I thought over what I had told Hyori. I shrugged it off and started to speak out loud.

"I have not fallen for Ji Yeon. Never have, never will," I said, repeating it constantly while I drove.

When I got out of the car, I felt better. I am U-Kwon, I have no mercy over anyone and I'm not going to hesitate to hurt anyone. I'll hurt her and leave her just like I did to all the other girls. No one is going to change me...

Yet, another side of me opposes..

Ji Yeon POV

When I got home, my mom tackled me with a million questions.

"Since when did I give you permission to date? You just moved here and you already have a boyfriend? How is that even possible?"

"I don't need permission. I'm old enough," I coldly replied, heading my way upstairs but she harshly grabbed my wrist, causing me to turn her way.

"No. You're still too young and I can tell that little boy is bad influence for you!" She exclaimed angrily. At that, I filled with anger and decided to go back at her.

"I can date whoever I want, you can't tell me who to date. It's not like I'm going to cheat on him like you did on my father!" I blurted out. She softened at my words, starting to sob.

"I didn't, okay?! Stop saying that!" She shouted intensely, kneeling down do the floor, red-faced and tears all over her eyes.

"Ji Yeon.. I'm just trying to protect you. I'd never cheat on your father.." She continued. I stood there, looking at her in confusion as she let it all out.

"It was a few weeks ago, everything was normal and okay. One day, I received a call from someone, someone from my past that hates me greatly. They demanded me to separate from your father and if not, they threatened to..." She started sobbing once again, covering her mouth with her trembling hand. I bent down to help her get up, leading her to the couch as she slowly took a seat.

"He threatened to ... kill you, Ji Yeon. They threatened to send people to find you and murder you to punish me." And more sobs came. My heart pounded greatly, my legs turning into jello at the sound of those words.

"I ignored it for a while, thinking he was just trying to frighten me. Until one day, I saw he was willing to do anything to separate me and your father, and he's still capable of everything. That's why I had to lie your father, telling him I cheated on him and that I'd be leaving, taking you with me. That night, I called that man to tell him that I did what he desired and I ordered him to stay away from you.." Buddy came into the living room, jumping on the couch and licked my mother's face, spreading the tears all over along with his saliva.

"I cried and cried that night, hugging onto Buddy who happened to have been there all the times I received the threatening calls.." She sadly said, hugging onto Buddy as he seemed to be feeling the same as well.

"Ji Yeon, I just didn't want them to hurt you, please understand.." She begged, followed along with more tears. I felt guilt all over me, the times I mistreated her. She protected me, and all I would do is insult her and think negative of her.

"Umma, please stop crying," I whispered, starting to cry as well as her face got blurry to my vision. I hugged her tightly and sobbed.

"Umma, I had no idea, I didn't know, please forgive me, please," I pleaded. She let go of me and grabbed both my hands gently.

"You weren't supposed to know this, but I couldn't take it anymore. I didn't want to be hated by my only daughter, my only child that I will protect, do anything for, and the daughter I love," she said, her eyes expressing sincerity.

"Is there any way this could be fixed?" I asked.

"Well, me and your Appa haven't divorced yet, although I feel it coming really soon .. And who knows what could happen if we get back together. That man will come after you again.." She sadly said, running her fingers through my long silky hair.

"No, we can report him to the police for attempt of murder, he also threatened you. Being locked up where he deserves, he won't be able to hurt us. He won't be able to destroy out family," I replied firmly, trying to stop crying.

"Another problem would be your father.. what if he doesn't believe me.." She said, starting to sob again.

"When you see your Appa, don't say a word."

"But mom-"

"Not until that man is locked up in jail and you're safe."

I nodded. "Okay. I love mom~" hugging her once again.

"Let's stay strong, Ji Yeon," she told me, as Buddy gave a loud bark.

"I think that's a dog's way of saying, 'Fighting~!'," I said as my mom giggled and Buddy wagged his tail happily.

~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•

I feel like I'm talking to myself when I leave an author's note. No one ever really comments or votes .-.

Please comment and vote, it means a lot to an author. ^^

감사합니다 , 안녕!