Chapter 9

Taeil POV

When we walked into Starbucks, I took a glance at Zico and U-Kwon. Zico was the happiest he could be, while U-Kwon tried to express it as well. I can tell U-Kwon wasn't very proud of himself, his conscience must be bothering him. I know mine would.

When we were about to order, Zico put his hands in his pocket, reaching for his wallet. When he couldn't find it, he showed a face of frustration.

"I kinda left my wallet at home.. Anyone have money?" Zico asked sheepishly. I reached into my pocket and could only pull out several coins.

"Um, I don't think this is enough.." I said, staring at the four coins at the palm of my hands. Zico walked up to Jaehyo and whispered something in his ear, glaring at a boy sitting alone on a table, enjoying his coffee.

When I looked closely, I saw that he was my old middle school best friend, Ricky. We had met in 5th grade, and then became best friends in 6th grade.

In 8th grade when Zico made the group Block B, we slowly drifted apart and I haven't talked to him since then. Seeing him again makes me feel a little guilt inside me. All our awesome memories together are coming back into my mind and I'm the only blame to have ended them all. Getting my thoughts interrupted by Zico's smirk, I saw Jaehyo walking towards Ricky, nudging his shoulder harshly.

He slammed the table with both hands, causing the table to tremble and to startle Ricky and for his coffee to almost fall on the floor.

"Give me a 20," Jaehyo firmly demanded. Ricky looked at him in fear yet shook his head.

"No," he squeaked, failing to sound bravely. Jaehyo snatched the coffee and held it up.

"Wow, this coffee is almost boiling hot, I wonder what will happen to your head if it spilled all over your head," Jaehyo threatened, slowly tilting the coffee towards Ricky as he panicked and reached for his wallet.

"Here! Here!!" He exclaimed, shoving the 20 dollar bill to Jaehyo. He put the coffee back down and accepted the money.

"Good boy," he said, patting Ricky's head. Ricky turned to face the rest of us and his eyes landed on me. I knew he recognized me, looking at me with eyes of sorrow and all I could do was avoid his eyes. Guilt built up all over my body, making me feel bad. Joining Zico's group was the biggest mistake I've ever done, it was. Ricky must be thinking that I'm bad now when in reality, I'm still the Taeil he met in 5th grade.

Taehyung POV

"We HAVE to do something! I might not be sure if I like her, but she's my friend and I don't want to see her hurt!" I told Jungkook. He came to visit me because I told him we had to do something about the situation.

"You're right, but it's almost impossible. Ji Yeon is new and has no idea what U-Kwon's reputation is, plus she'll be hated by jealous girls at school," Jungkook said.

"Jungkookie, I think I like her," I murmured, grabbing my hair in frustration. It hurt to have seen them together like that earlier, especially that I didn't even expect it. Who knew U-Kwon was really trying to make me miserable, claiming her right away.

"Then never leave her alone," Jungkook calmly said.

"What do you mean?" I asked in confusion.

"Whenever she feels like she has no one, be there for her. Be the one she can turn to when she has a problem. She'll notice that and will appreciate it. For now, we can't do anything. Later on, the truth will come out to the light. Just be patient, Taehyung," he told me.

He had a brilliant point, yet it's disappointing that it will take a while for everything to be solved, yet it will be beneficial at the same time.