Chapter 13

Ji Yeon POV

"How was your Sunday?" U-Kwon asked as we walked to school on Monday morning.

"It was good, I went shopping with my mom."

"I thought you weren't very close to her?"

"Well, now we are," I smiled cheerfully. It was really sad to know why Umma and Appa separated, but I'm glad to know Umma never did anything wrong.

"Good to know," he replied with a smile. Getting to the school, I said,"I'll be going to the band hall."

"I'll go with you," he replied.

"But .. only band students are allowed in there," I told him.

"I could care less," he simply replied, walking with me towards the band hall. When we walked in, Ms.Ledesma immediately came up to us.

"U-Kwon, out of the band hall. You're not in band," she firmly demanded.

'Told you,' I mouthed to him, yet he only responded with a smirk.

"Bye Ji Yeon!" He exclaimed happily,making his way out of the band hall.

"Ms.Ledesma, I apologize. I told him he wasn't allowed here and he insisted," I explained.

"It's okay, sweetheart,I know those guys pretty well," she replied, shaking her head. "Always causing trouble.." She murmured. I nodded and walked to my seat where BTS was sitting with Jungkook.

"Goodmorning!" V greeted me, giving me a tight, friendly hug. I didn't see that coming, so my heart thunped like crazy at the sudden contact. Everyone else greeted me, and as we talked, a girl with a clarinet in her hands came up to us. From what I knew, she was the clarinet's first chair.

"Hi! I need a 2nd clarinet to play with me, I'm practicing one of our pieces," she explained.

"I'll go," I volunteered with a smile. She immediately flashed a smile back, expressing her personality all over her cheerful face. She was the same height as me, very pretty and fashionable as well, because those clarinet earrings were so cool.

Honestly, I was surprised to know she was so nice. Most first chairs that are pretty or fashionable are usually rude to people, especially the last chairs and new girls. As we played together, neither of us went off tone and not a single note was missed.

"You're so good at playing clarinet!" She complimented.

"Well so are you," I complimented back sincerely.

"Yup, I'm first chair material," she said proudly with a huge smile.

"What's your name?" She asked.

"Ji Yeon."

"Hi Ji Yeon! I'm Jerrah!" She exclaimed brightly, waving at me although I was sitting right next to her. I giggled.

A few minutes after having a conversation about each other, another girl came up to us. It was the flute's second chair.

"It's a flutcher!" Jerrah exclaimed as the girl and I looked at her in confusion.

"She's a flute in the clarinet section, she's intruding. Therefore, she's a flutcher, flute and intruder out together to make one," she exclaimed. Sounding a little bit weird, I found it clever, and a lot of pride for clarinet players.

"Oh wow, Jerrah. I just wanted to ask if I could join, I've never heard two people sound so great together! You guys sound like one!"

"Sure! Ji Yeon, this is Judy. Judy, this is Ji Yeon," Jerrah introduced. I smiled as she smiled back, showing kindness.