Chapter 17

Ji Yeon POV

"Ji Yeon-ah! How do I look?" U-Kwon asked, trying on a snapback as he admired himself in the mirror.

"You look beautiful, U-Kwon," I replied. He turned to look at me and pouted.

"Beautiful is for girls," he complained. I giggled.

"I'm just kidding, oppa. You look handsome in everything," I responded sincerely. He smiled in satisfaction, walking up to me and giving me a tight hug.

Being in his arms, I wonder why I'm feeling this inside me. It seems .. different. But not in a bad way, it's actually a good feeling. I used to feel weird when he would hug or kiss me. I never felt the connection of us two, but now I do. And it's all like all of a sudden, he's more cheerful, more affectionate. When he let go, he smiled and held both my hands.

"Ji Yeon .. " He started.

"Ne?"

"Have I ever told you I love you?" He said with sparkling eyes, taking my breath away by surprise. He had never told me so, now that I think of it. I slowly shook my head, still a little speechless.

"Well, I love you," he said as he hugged me again, making my heart skip a beat.

"I .. love you too," I responded while feeling slight discomfort. It felt weird to say it, I don't know why. I looked up to look at him, and he was smiling at me brightly. Maybe it was because I'm not used to it, that's all.

"I want to buy you something before we leave, let me go pay for this," U-Kwon said, taking the snapback off. When we were paying, I saw someone familiar at the corner of my eye. Afraid to look their direction, I stayed still and could tell it was Taehyung, simply looking at me. A sudden feeling of uneasiness came across me. I don't know why I'm feeling this, and I feel like turning his way to smile at him would be a bad idea.

"Let's go, jagiya~" U-Kwon said as he held my hand and walked out of the store. These bad feelings are haunting me, I don't know why they come to bother me.

"Are you okay?" U-Kwon asked, interrupting my thoughts.

"Yeah, I just zoned out for a moment," I lied with a fake smile. He smiled back and we kept walking. Something I also wonder is why I feel like U-Kwon is a little different today. He's being more affectionate, more close.

"U-Kwon .. you seem .. different today for some reason," I said. We stopped in our tracks as he looked at me befuddled.

"What do you mean?" He asked. I shrugged my shoulders, not sure how to explain.

"Like, I don't know. You seem quite .. happier?" I said unsurely whether that was the proper word to use. He then seemed to understand what I'm trying to say and he smiled brightly.

"I'm just happy that you're mine, Ji Yeon. You're so perfect," he exclaimed, pecking my cheek. I smiled as a response, but I felt like his explanation wasn't quite the actual reason. I shrugged it off and we kept walking.

Taehyung POV

"How about these?" Rap Monster asked me and Jin, showing us the hundredth pair of glasses he has tried on.

"Oh my gosh, just choose one!" Jin exclaimed impatiently. Rap Monster and I had decided to come to the mall and we invited Jin. We were in Rap Mon's favorite store because of all those sunglasses they have there.

"Okay, gosh. V, cheer up. You're not going to die just because they hugged," Rap Mon told me, referring to the scene I saw earlier. I don't think Ji Yeon saw me, she didn't look our way even once. It used to hurt a lot seeing her with U-Kwon, but now it's even more painful to know he's just backstabbing her.