Chapter Thirty

Shikamaru

"Hey, you all right? You've been out of it since this morning."

I shrugged in response, my eyes glued to the cloudless sky as my legs brought me to my destination.

It's true I haven't been myself lately, but it's hard trying to act like yesterday didn't happen at all when she was clearly right there, in front of my very eyes.

If only i could made her stay.

"Now that everyone is here, i'll go straight to the point."
Tsunade cleared her throat as she scanned the people in her office.

There were Naruto, Sakura and Kakashi with his nose buried in his all time favorite book as always.

"We've received a message that the Kazakage have been captured, and you guys are to go and aid Suna in anyway that's needed. Understood?"

"Why am i dragged into this too?"
I asked rather lazily, since my team is not even here, and there's already team 7.

"You are a temporary substitute for their team in this mission. Are you going against my orders?"

"No mam, just curious that's all"

With that, we set off to suna in hopes to reach there before nightfall.

"Hey Shikamaru..."

Naruto hesitated, his eyes darting from left to right as if making sure the two behind wasn't listening.

"Hm?"

"I've met Hana-chan...once."

"and i have a feeling we'll meet her later..."

His voice grew softer each time the distance between between us got wider.

"And you're telling me because...?"

"I know you're worried about her."

"Everyone is Naruto."

I sighed, widening the gap between us.

If only you knew Naruto, you would've been so disappointed in me.

Third Person

His blurry eyes fluttered open when the taste of iron slipped from his torn lips.

His back burnt from the fresh wound Orochimaru gave him for failing a mission.

"It's was a simple mission, Sasuke."

"I guess you are still just as weak...what a disappointment."

He spat, making his way back to his room.

Kabuto, whom was standing at the side quietly, walked over.

"It wouldn't have to be this way if you were patient enough to listen Sasuke."

Pulling him up from the ground, Kabuto dragged his heavy body to his lab for treatment.

why?
why does it have to be this way?

the more he thought about what had happened, the more his heart raced in anger.

you didn't stop me when i left,
so why are you trying to stop me now?

he bit his cracked lips in agony when kabuto started treating his open wounds.

"did you meet her?"
kabuto asked, even though he already knew the answer.

"are you angry?"
he continued.