Stark & Osborn

🎵 Music provided and recommended 🎵

••••••

Norman closes the door to his high-end apartment, frozen and in shock of what just happened.

He drops his suitcase and papers on the couch next to him, not caring when they fall off. He then feels his growing old legs start to tremble, for he felt all the world's weight was crashing down onto him.

The best attempt in stabilizing himself was to lean forward on the white marble kitchen island. He still had Ashley Paterson's patient file in his hand and he scanned every single word on the paper millions of times.

This was documented by him, given to a doctor who he thought had destroyed it. Lord knows how Madeline had gotten a hold of it. But he didn't care, the real problem was how she reacted to it.

Yes, it was true. He was using Miss Paterson's blood to counteract with Harry's. It was the only way he knew how to save him.

Norman promised himself a long time ago that he would never let anyone of his loved ones die a horrible death like his wife did.

Not again.

But with what he had just now witnessed, a change of mental thought that had happened in a quick second, it was something that had confused him to the very core.

Norman's rapid thoughts were suddenly interrupted when he hears a whistle come from the living room. He turns around, spotting a man dressed in a costly suit and tie. This man had on orange-tinted shades covering his eyes and a freshly cut stubble curving around his chin. He held a crystal glass containing a bronze liquid and the other hand was stashed away in his pants pocket.

"Teenagers, am I right?" He says nonchalantly, walking over to the old man who looked at him in question.

"Stark," Norman stands up, straightening his back and pressing down his wrinkled lab coat, "I didn't expect a meeting today."

Something metal and red suddenly catches his eye on the balcony from his living room. The large panned windows revealed a standing-still Iron Man suit, not moving and with the back of it totally exposed and ready for anyone to take control.

"Oh, this isn't a meeting. You showed through on your end of our deal and it was, surprisingly, quite a generous amount on such short time."

Norman nods, avoiding eye contact with the mechanic.

"I was in the neighborhood, just thought I should stop by to give you what you requested on my end of our business deal."