He Lied.

•••••••

•••••••

Peter studies the girl's growing worried expression as her mouth parts open when she reads the last line of text.

He watches as she becomes frozen, reading the paper over and over again. Her face looked like she found out her dog died, the amount of pure shock was sky rocketing, so he immediately felt alarmed at what she was reading.

Never had he had the time to completely read the stolen patient file. He was either too busy with school and hero duty or he forgot all about until now.

"Oh God. ." Madeline breathes out, which makes the boy flip his switch into all seriousness.

He spots the brim of her eyes beginning to fill with water, threatening to spill over, so he puts a gentle hand on her shoulder and looks over the papers.

"What is it?" Peter asks with a calm voice.

"This woman, sh-she's being used."

The boy looks over her face, seeing as her eyes scan over every inch of the paper. And the more she scans, the more tears start to fill her vision.

It looked like with every word that she read, her thoughts started to scatter around. It terrified Peter to not know what she was thinking at the worst of times. And this seemed like it was about to be one of them.

"My Dad is using her blood to create my brother's cure. It—It has something in it that keeps her disease at bay but now he's taking it away and it's killing her, Peter!" Madeline tried to choke back a sob as her hands fall to her sides.

She was now in complete and utter shock and despair.

How could he hide this from me? How could he kill someone innocent with no remorse?

It all made sense to Peter now. This was all a game of revenge. This was why Dominic wanted to find her so badly, he knew Norman Osborn was experimenting on her—he worked for him after all—and he would do anything to get the love of his life back. Even if it meant harming Madeline.

It doesn't take long until the young Osborn is in tears as she feels as though her heart had been emptied. The trust and faith she had in her father was now slowly disintegrating into nothing. She knew all he wanted was to save Harry. But this wasn't the way to do it—killing someone innocent in order to save another.

The way Madeline looked in complete sadness tore him apart by the second. And it wasn't long until he held her in his arms, wrapping her entire trembling body in a tight embrace. She held onto him, mumbling with a cracked voice over and over again the words, 'He lied' into his shirt.